NGD - super cool green edition

Awesome guitar Aahzz! :eek: Hope you grow to love the Dragon 1s as much as I do; they're definitely hotter than I tend to gravitate to as well, but I tuned in some patches for them on my Kemper and Helix, there was no going back... These pickups are HUGE; Great for playing in a trio!

HNGD! :)

After playing more today, I do indeed think that "HUGE" is the correct word. So large!

I used to have Dr Vs in an R7, and I loved them, so I'd lean that way if I switch. I haven't used Marshallheads, but would consider them as well.
MH bridge and DrV in the neck is the best of both worlds.. I've tried many of em and that's still my fav from Wolfe

Congratulations - stoptail, beautiful green top, Dragon Is... that's pretty much my dream guitar.

I used to have Dr Vs in an R7, and I loved them, so I'd lean that way if I switch. I haven't used Marshallheads, but would consider them as well.
Like @SinSir, I have the Marshallhead / Dr V set, but got the A2 Marshallhead option, though I have an A4 to try out in it too. Hard to beat Dragons.

Love that amazing top.

Meet Esmeralda - arrived today. If you haven't seen my wing tuner thread, 1997 Custom 22 Stoptail. 10 top, Dragon 1 pickups, wide fat neck. Arrived in even better condition than I expected - a couple very tiny dings, and a very small amount of fret wear. Weighs 7.6 pounds. Pickup heights were off, fretboard was a touch dry, but both of those were quickly remedied with some mineral oil and a screwdriver when I installed my preferred D'Addario XL 9s. I have to say, now that I watched the PTC video, the wing tuners are SUPER easy to use and work so well - I'm a convert.

This guitar is a fire breathing rock beast. I'm not entirely sold on the D1s yet - they sound great, but they're very hot...however, I've only used the presets on my HX Stomp XL that are dialed in for my Vela, HBII, and Guild Surfliner - all of which have much lower output pickups. I'll spend some time over the next few days dialing in some new presets and see what I think. If I end up not liking them it's not like it'd be difficult to sell a set of D1s :D.

OK, on to the pics:
esmeralda1.jpg

esmeralda3.jpg

esmeralda5.jpg

esmeralda7.jpg

esmeralda8.jpg

And, if I do say so myself, I think I did a pretty good job with getting a Christmas Tree on my first wing tuner restring in 25+ years.
esmeralda9.jpg
Dragon pups baby!!!

Back