NNPRSGGDD

My current, and favorite, acoustic is a Guild D-40E. I've owned a couple others over the years.
They're nice guitars. I feel like I've been around the block with acoustics too many times, I've had so many from a variety of builders; each did its own wonderful thing - but I was always hunting down the next one.

When I got that PS Tonare Grand acoustic I stopped looking for acoustics, and literally haven't picked up an acoustic in a shop since the fall of 2013.

Good deal - can't pass that up! I once was in GC just to get strings, they had a "used" Squier Strat for $80. It was previously owned, but literally looked unplayed, down to the plastic film on the pickguard being completely intact and unscratched. A few quick setup tweaks later and it's a quite serviceable value-banger

New Non PRS Guitar Great Deal Day!

So, after seeing that Guild was blowing these out direct on Reverb, I couldn't resist the siren song of $269 for a new Guild Surfliner. I went with the Canyon Dusk. After the traditional frustrating wait for UPS today (estimated delivery between 2 and 6, eta changed to "by 7" at 10 after 7) it arrived at 8:45. Not a lot of time to check it out as yet, but man - my initial impressions is that this is a nice guitar. Neck is smooth, action is great, and it sounds wonderful. It's got a nice, bold, bright sound, but not strident.

More impressions and better lit pics tomorrow, should have some good time to play tomorrow

surfliner.jpg
I love the colour. What are the two "power switches" for?

It takes a wee bit of getting used to, but I like it.

I had the house to myself this afternoon and got to crank things up to unreasonable volume levels, and I absolutely love this guitar. I'd easily pay a grand for it and be happy.
Yeah, definitely something different. I remember in the old days a cheap guitar was nearly always garbage. $270.00 for a guitar you love is nuts.

LOL I remember Annette Funicello. Hilarious.

Back