Argh!! UPS...

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
I have a guitar out for delivery. Initial estimated delivery time was 11:45 - 1:45. Been using their "Follow My Delivery". Driver was one street away at noon. Then it updated to 2:15-4:15 and he went to an entirely different neighborhood. At 2 pm, it said "Arriving Soon. It has now said that for 3 hours. It's 5 pm, band practice is at 6. Not going to be able to use the new guitar tonight...was really hoping.

Yeah, serious first world problems, I know, just being impatient :). You'd think they could give more accurate info....

Just changed the estimated time to "by 9pm". I really wish they'd stop giving estimated times since they're always horrendously wrong. As a customer service move they're not doing themselves any favors.

Just changed the estimated time to "by 9pm". I really wish they'd stop giving estimated times since they're always horrendously wrong. As a customer service move they're not doing themselves any favors.
Not to get you down, but whenever I see that tracking change to 9pm... it ain't coming today. At least in my area. Pack it in, have a beer, and get ready for tomorrow's NGD.

Not to get you down, but whenever I see that tracking change to 9pm... it ain't coming today. At least in my area. Pack it in, have a beer, and get ready for tomorrow's NGD.

If that happens we're looking ar Monday, UPS doesn't do Saturday home delivery here.

DOH!!! That blows!! Luckily, all but one guitar have shown up "relatively" on time and unscathed by both UPS and Fedex. Deliveries from Amazon on the other hand ALWAYS take at least 3-4 days later than the "2 day shipping guarantee" they promised with my "Prime membership". Worst part is we have a distribution center an hour away. They are still milking the Covid shipping delay BS apparently. Hope your package shows up soon bro...in case I missed it....Whatcha got coming????!!!! Enquiring mids and all...;)

Ouch. Hopefully it makes it today. Care to share what it is?

If it helps, I've been having UPS orders held at the distribution center and picking them up. I also learned I can have FedEx and Amazon leave packages at local stores (but I don't know if that would work for a guitar or anything that needs signed for). I've needed to do this as delivery drivers often leave packages at a neighbor's house, and I never see them.

I hate watching that little truck drive around on the map. Pisses me off how close my guy is at the mall I live near (where he goes first), and then he goes the other way. I’ve stalked him at the mall a couple of times.

It arrived during practice. Since practice is at my house, I did get to use it for a couple tunes, though it needs some minor setup tweaks and I switched back...NGD thread will be up shortly in Electric Instruments....

DOH!!! That blows!! Luckily, all but one guitar have shown up "relatively" on time and unscathed by both UPS and Fedex. Deliveries from Amazon on the other hand ALWAYS take at least 3-4 days later than the "2 day shipping guarantee" they promised with my "Prime membership". Worst part is we have a distribution center an hour away. They are still milking the Covid shipping delay BS apparently. Hope your package shows up soon bro...in case I missed it....Whatcha got coming????!!!! Enquiring mids and all...;)

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/ngd-i-may-have-gone-vela-happy.47422/#post-629512

Back