UPS estimated delivery time

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Am I the only one, or is it guaranteed that the "estimated delivery window" UPS gives is the time window in which one's package will absolutely not be delivered.

It's said "in your area" since 11:45 am, it's 4:35 pm...and the estimated window was 12:30 to 4:30.

First world problems, I know, but you'd think they'd have some idea of when the driver is in certain places. At least he's driven past my street twice so far, and it's a short street.

Am I the only one, or is it guaranteed that the "estimated delivery window" UPS gives is the time window in which one's package will absolutely not be delivered.

It's said "in your area" since 11:45 am, it's 4:35 pm...and the estimated window was 12:30 to 4:30.

First world problems, I know, but you'd think they'd have some idea of when the driver is in certain places. At least he's driven past my street twice so far, and it's a short street.
Pretty sure they get that from the same computer as weather forecasts. :eek:

Pretty sure they get that from the same computer as weather forecasts. :eek:

I think you're right. At least now they updated my time to "By 7", which means it'll be 8 at the earliest.

My street is a half mile long, with a cross street in the middle. Using Follow My Delivery, I saw that he was at the other end of my street 45 minutes ago - then he again left and went to a different neighborhood. I'm curious as to how it makes sense to cross over the same area multiple times, it seems horrendously inefficient to me.

I also wish I wasn't so dang OCD so I could just not look at the app, I'd be much happier that way.

I ordered some strings and other assorted guitar goodies from Amazon last Thursday...still waiting to be picked up by UPS in Missouri? To add Insult to injury...my Amazon Prime contract stated all my purchases would include free shipping AND 2 day guaranteed delivery. Yeah right!! DAMN YOU BEZOS!!!!!:mad:

If you've got a UPS online account that notifies you when a package is arriving, sometimes the notification email has link to track your package in real time. Follow My Delivery is supposed to be somewhat accurate.

That being said, the truck may be only a mile down the road but may have a lot of stops before they reach your door. When the map turks updates get to a bout ¼ mile away, I plan on being ready to answer the door because the truck typically arrives within 10 to 15 minutes of that ¼ mile distance.

If you've got a UPS online account that notifies you when a package is arriving, sometimes the notification email has link to track your package in real time. Follow My Delivery is supposed to be somewhat accurate.

That being said, the truck may be only a mile down the road but may have a lot of stops before they reach your door. When the map turks updates get to a bout ¼ mile away, I plan on being ready to answer the door because the truck typically arrives within 10 to 15 minutes of that ¼ mile distance.
Thats what makes expecting a package super frustrating. I, and a few other people would rather just know, it will be there on Tuesday, than to have a tracking app that can pinpoint exactly where your package is. I know for a fact that on occasion, drivers will share loads which throws off the tracking. The app tracks the vehicle, not the box, so if drivers share a load the package that started on truck A, is now on truck B. Truck B just went to lunch and truck A is still on time even though they will not ever stop at our houses.

Follow my delivery is exactly what I was using. Never accurate for me. Truck was less than 1/4 mile from my house multiple times before, during, and after the stated delivery window.

Finally arrived at 7:30.

Follow my delivery is exactly what I was using. Never accurate for me. Truck was less than 1/4 mile from my house multiple times before, during, and after the stated delivery window.

You got it? That's sweeter than having to wait until the next day...and wait some more!

Same thing happened with my new Silver Sky, truck was all around me twice and delivery was 3 hours later. I was frantic they would give up without delivery. I wonder if the tracker is fake.

A variation on that theme, I'm expecting a package tomorrow. Shipping was from Toronto to my home town in Washington State. Delivery is 'by the end of the day Thursday'. The package got to Troutdale Oregon on Sunday and has been languishing there since. :mad: I'm actually pretty confident I'll get it tomorrow, but why couldn't they pleasantly surprise a customer by delivering early when they've moved it almost all the way there that efficiently...

Thats what makes expecting a package super frustrating. I, and a few other people would rather just know, it will be there on Tuesday, than to have a tracking app that can pinpoint exactly where your package is. I know for a fact that on occasion, drivers will share loads which throws off the tracking. The app tracks the vehicle, not the box, so if drivers share a load the package that started on truck A, is now on truck B. Truck B just went to lunch and truck A is still on time even though they will not ever stop at our houses.

Here's a tip I use when the truck is ¼ mile away: I realize that if I sit at the computer and watch the live tracking for my delivery, it takes FOREVER. When the truck is ¼ mile down the road from my house, I make use of my time by either housecleaning, organizing stuff, or doing my studies. Sometimes I check the dates on my canned goods and donate a few things across the way at our apartment's main room. Sometimes I only have a can of veggies or soup. Today, I donated a canvas messenger bag I need to replace. Someone else donated a rolled-up pair of green socks. I don't need green socks, but folks appreciate it when they can use something, as little as it may seem.

I learned early on with Follow My Delivery if you wait for something to arrive by just sitting there, it takes that much longer.

I hear that. I'd just chalk it up to a busy driver's delivery day, and the driver needed to be sure your street was covered fully. Drivers do have busy days, and I'll wager that the driver was happy his route was done soon after you package arrived.

Just so your OCD doesn't go unacknowledged, what was it you had ordered? if it's something trivial, it's OK. But if it's music-related, let's hear it!

Well, first of all, a shout out to these folks who are out there getting us our packages. I would guess that if it is late, most of the time it is not at fault of the driver. There are so many factors that can change in a delivery and other I believe UPS has a rule where they route everything they can to NOT make left turns. So they will sometimes take paths that do not seem logical, but are due to company policy, not the driver.

Anyway, my PS CU24 literally just arrived (via FedEx)!!!!! Gotta' go!!!!!!!!!

Back