UPS could learn from DHL

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
So, as the thread keeps going on, you may remember my thread complaining about UPS never giving accurate information. Delivery windows always inaccurate, etc - not complaining about the delivery time, just looking for accurate information.

Anyway, with my new amp, I discovered that it was noticeably cheaper (33%!!) to order the 6-button foot switch from Anderton's in England than it was to get it anywhere in the US - despite the fact that I live in Northern Kentucky.

I ordered it Friday, evening, so late Friday night UK time. It shipped yesterday, Monday, at noon my time. It arrived in KY today, at 12:30. I had an email and text from DHL when it shipped, then again when it was out for delivery, and yet again an hour before it got to my house. With the last text it also activated the real-time map where I could not only see the driver while he was moving, but how many stops he had before he got to me. No time window given, but it was reasonable easy to extrapolate, and accurate. Exactly what I was wishing for from UPS.

When DHL was still competing with UPS and Fedex here in the US, they were a vendor for delivery of important master tapes to various ad agencies and audio post houses I had to deal with.

I thought they did a nice job, and was disappointed when they went 'international only'.

DHL does rock. They can get me stuff from around the world in less time than it takes to send mail to the suburbs.

Congratulations on your NFSD.

I think it’s fair to say that Andertons also rock. I bought my SE locking tuners from them and I was blown away at how quickly they arrived in the middle of Covid. Thanks to Lee and the team, great work.

Congratulations on your NFSD.

I think it’s fair to say that Andertons also rock. I bought my SE locking tuners from them and I was blown away at how quickly they arrived in the middle of Covid. Thanks to Lee and the team, great work.

Indeed, I'm impressed with Anderton's as well - and their really reasonable international shipping rates means I'm quite likely to buy from them again. Of course, Mrs Aahzz and I are considering eventually retiring to Scotland, so they won't be quite so far any longer if and when that happens...

Indeed, I'm impressed with Anderton's as well - and their really reasonable international shipping rates means I'm quite likely to buy from them again. Of course, Mrs Aahzz and I are considering eventually retiring to Scotland, so they won't be quite so far any longer if and when that happens...

Sounds like a very good plan.

Back