UPS estimated delivery time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aahzz, Jun 9, 2021.

1. aphantomvaper

aphantomvaper New Member

The site said the package was 2lbs, stressed me out.

Somehow, it just arrived! This is 28 hours before when these things normally get here.

NGD post forthcoming. Thanks for reading.

#61 aphantomvaper, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  2. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Energized

If you've got a FedEx account, that follow my delivery comes in handy. ( If we see your car trying to chase down the FedEx truck, we'll be sure to wave. :D )

3. Davey

Davey Just Jammin'

I'll bet that joke killed it over on the fractal forum :p

4. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Energized

Nope. I avoid saying anything remotely funny over there. Unlike most folks' humor, mine is like the western USA these days. Which doesn't make sense because I used to get a thumbs-up from folks there all the time...o_O

5. Moondog Wily

Moondog Wily Howlin' At The Moon!

Humor has been cancelled! Along with free speech!! It's not you!!!

Happy censorship via cancel culture!
    MW

6. SECu24

SECu24 New Member

Very late to the discussion, but UPS has an order they have to go in, from time-sensitive deliveries and pickups to businesses before they close, to regular residential deliveries. I only realized this after using Follow My Delivery dozens of times and watching the truck arrive and depart my neighborhood multiple times during the day without dropping off my package (sometimes stopping right next door). Seems inefficient, but if they were to stop at all the houses that they pass or are close-by to, they'd never be able to finish time-critical deliveries and business pickups/drop-offs in time.

7. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Energized

Darn those time-sensitive deliveries! Mine usually say, "Urgent! Open Immediately! Bill Enclosed!" Problem is, the world sounds like a broken record again, and needs fixing. Plz help me find my maintenance checklist.

dogrocketp and aphantomvaper like this.
  8. Axis39

Axis39 New Member

I've had some weird delivery happenings recently...

Bought a guitar off eBay, it was delivered by UPS two days early. Said Friday, then suddenly it was int he LA area and at my house two days early. I was kinda shocked.

Bought a new fence for my table saw and it is scheduled Friday between 11 and 1.... 11 and 1? I don't buy it. My money's on 3 or 4.

I sold a guitar on Reverb and it was shipped USPS last Friday. Tracking info was non-existent over the weekend and the buyer was beginning to think I was scamming him. Come Monday, I was going to go to the Post Office, when suddenly a bunch of updates show and it gets delivered that day. The delivery dude literally dropped the guitar from the height he was carrying it... Thank goodness I had packed it well!

I needed to send the battery and charger that I had forgotten to include with the guitar (the tuner battery was charging and I forgot it. Duh!) and Priority Mailed it on Monday. Tracking took half a day to show up this time, but then said delivery on Friday. Today, it's out for delivery.

I swear tracking and customer service was so much better just a couple of years ago.... Of course, that was back when it was affordable to actually ship anything as well.

One thing, I am almost always overly kind to my delivery folks... Any carriers. hoping they'll remember me and treat my packages with actual care.

We have a subscription delivery on some household stuff. The company uses a delivery service in my area... These two ladies throw packages, drop stuff, toss stuff at the door. It's ridiculous. We've complained, even though they haven't broken anything, yet. If the products weren't the ones my wife loves so much, we'd have kicked them to the curb a long time ago.

aphantomvaper likes this.
  9. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Energized

Regards delivery tracking, it pays to have an account with each of the major shipping carriers (USPS, FedEx, UPS, even DHL) plus a delivery manager account that goes beyond the physical aspects...don't try to be like the secret service and run alongside the delivery truck, guys...LOL...merely sign up for delivery notifications via email and/or text, and you'll never miss a package delivery again...heads-up...USPS is phasing out their USPS delivery phone app, so get it soon before you'll need to rely on your computer or phone's email or text instead.

Because of increasing demand for quality service, the carriers sometimes fail to scan the bar codes that would otherwise indicate where packages are located within the carrier system...it's entirely possible that they can do this legally just so when package pallets reach delivery hubs and are subdivided in local delivery areas, the local carriers can scan the individual bar codes. It's these that produce the slew of transit updates the day of delivery. The typical airing of grievances occurs when someone isn't satisfied with the goods or service, and demands justice or face legal action.

10. Axis39

Axis39 New Member

I have accounts with all of them. I do subscribe to tracking updates...

But, I'll give you an example from today. I ordered something a while ago and it shipped last Friday. Over the weekend, no updates, still just the old 'label created' (sounds familiar...). Come Monday it showed that it had been received in Dallas and was due to be delivered between 11 and 1 today, Friday. All good, so far. Then, no updates all week. No progress, nada. Today, I get a notice that it's out for delivery. About 10:45 I get texts saying it's almost there, at the same time I get a notification from my Ring doorbell that there is activity at my door. I look at the tracking info and it shows, receive din Dallas, out for delivery and delivered.

I'm not really complaining, I mean I got my package. I got it a few minutes before they said it would be there. But, I was getting a touch nervous. As much crap as goes missing during shipping, or as much of my stuff goes the wrong direction and shows up days later (when I'm lucky)? Who could blame about getting nervous?

If you're gonna offer tracking (and charge me for it) it would be nice if it was remotely accurate.. Or, at least kinda detailed.

I would say that the increasing demand is not about quality... I would say that the demand is about volume. At least, from the management of said companies. As for customers? I'd just like the quality I used to get.

bodia and Aahzz like this.
  11. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Energized

Yeah, that's understandable. I don't think the problem with deliveries is nationwide. It may be regionalized to the efficiency of the local service. Sometimes companies are tempted to increase the cost of doing business when they receive enough complaints about their service, in order to justify raising prices.

Trust me, whenever I complain about things, the first thing businesses do is make me pay more. Regards my experience with some of my carriers, they already hate me, because they don't wish to do what is right. I wish them nothing but the bluebird of happiness.

Regards experience, we should ask ourselves if we think that complaining will improve our service, or bring about higher prices? o_O It might change things, but change comes with a cost. Been there; know a few things about reality...

#71 CandidPicker, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Axis39 and aphantomvaper like this.