UPS estimated delivery time

If you've got a FedEx account, that follow my delivery comes in handy. ( If we see your car trying to chase down the FedEx truck, we'll be sure to wave. :D )

I'll bet that joke killed it over on the fractal forum :p

Nope. I avoid saying anything remotely funny over there. Unlike most folks' humor, mine is like the western USA these days. Which doesn't make sense because I used to get a thumbs-up from folks there all the time...o_O

Nope. I avoid saying anything remotely funny over there. Unlike most folks' humor, mine is like the western USA these days. Which doesn't make sense because I used to get a thumbs-up from folks there all the time...o_O
Humor has been cancelled! Along with free speech!! It's not you!!!

Happy censorship via cancel culture!
MW

Follow my delivery is exactly what I was using. Never accurate for me. Truck was less than 1/4 mile from my house multiple times before, during, and after the stated delivery window.

Finally arrived at 7:30.

Very late to the discussion, but UPS has an order they have to go in, from time-sensitive deliveries and pickups to businesses before they close, to regular residential deliveries. I only realized this after using Follow My Delivery dozens of times and watching the truck arrive and depart my neighborhood multiple times during the day without dropping off my package (sometimes stopping right next door). Seems inefficient, but if they were to stop at all the houses that they pass or are close-by to, they'd never be able to finish time-critical deliveries and business pickups/drop-offs in time.

Very late to the discussion, but UPS has an order they have to go in, from time-sensitive deliveries and pickups to businesses before they close, to regular residential deliveries. I only realized this after using Follow My Delivery dozens of times and watching the truck arrive and depart my neighborhood multiple times during the day without dropping off my package (sometimes stopping right next door). Seems inefficient, but if they were to stop at all the houses that they pass or are close-by to, they'd never be able to finish time-critical deliveries and business pickups/drop-offs in time.

Darn those time-sensitive deliveries! Mine usually say, "Urgent! Open Immediately! Bill Enclosed!" Problem is, the world sounds like a broken record again, and needs fixing. Plz help me find my maintenance checklist.

I've had some weird delivery happenings recently...

Bought a guitar off eBay, it was delivered by UPS two days early. Said Friday, then suddenly it was int he LA area and at my house two days early. I was kinda shocked.

Bought a new fence for my table saw and it is scheduled Friday between 11 and 1.... 11 and 1? I don't buy it. My money's on 3 or 4.

I sold a guitar on Reverb and it was shipped USPS last Friday. Tracking info was non-existent over the weekend and the buyer was beginning to think I was scamming him. Come Monday, I was going to go to the Post Office, when suddenly a bunch of updates show and it gets delivered that day. The delivery dude literally dropped the guitar from the height he was carrying it... Thank goodness I had packed it well!

I needed to send the battery and charger that I had forgotten to include with the guitar (the tuner battery was charging and I forgot it. Duh!) and Priority Mailed it on Monday. Tracking took half a day to show up this time, but then said delivery on Friday. Today, it's out for delivery.

I swear tracking and customer service was so much better just a couple of years ago.... Of course, that was back when it was affordable to actually ship anything as well.

One thing, I am almost always overly kind to my delivery folks... Any carriers. hoping they'll remember me and treat my packages with actual care.

We have a subscription delivery on some household stuff. The company uses a delivery service in my area... These two ladies throw packages, drop stuff, toss stuff at the door. It's ridiculous. We've complained, even though they haven't broken anything, yet. If the products weren't the ones my wife loves so much, we'd have kicked them to the curb a long time ago.

I've had some weird delivery happenings recently...

Bought a guitar off eBay, it was delivered by UPS two days early. Said Friday, then suddenly it was int he LA area and at my house two days early. I was kinda shocked.

Bought a new fence for my table saw and it is scheduled Friday between 11 and 1.... 11 and 1? I don't buy it. My money's on 3 or 4.

I sold a guitar on Reverb and it was shipped USPS last Friday. Tracking info was non-existent over the weekend and the buyer was beginning to think I was scamming him. Come Monday, I was going to go to the Post Office, when suddenly a bunch of updates show and it gets delivered that day. The delivery dude literally dropped the guitar from the height he was carrying it... Thank goodness I had packed it well!

I needed to send the battery and charger that I had forgotten to include with the guitar (the tuner battery was charging and I forgot it. Duh!) and Priority Mailed it on Monday. Tracking took half a day to show up this time, but then said delivery on Friday. Today, it's out for delivery.

I swear tracking and customer service was so much better just a couple of years ago.... Of course, that was back when it was affordable to actually ship anything as well.

One thing, I am almost always overly kind to my delivery folks... Any carriers. hoping they'll remember me and treat my packages with actual care.

We have a subscription delivery on some household stuff. The company uses a delivery service in my area... These two ladies throw packages, drop stuff, toss stuff at the door. It's ridiculous. We've complained, even though they haven't broken anything, yet. If the products weren't the ones my wife loves so much, we'd have kicked them to the curb a long time ago.

Regards delivery tracking, it pays to have an account with each of the major shipping carriers (USPS, FedEx, UPS, even DHL) plus a delivery manager account that goes beyond the physical aspects...don't try to be like the secret service and run alongside the delivery truck, guys...LOL...merely sign up for delivery notifications via email and/or text, and you'll never miss a package delivery again...heads-up...USPS is phasing out their USPS delivery phone app, so get it soon before you'll need to rely on your computer or phone's email or text instead.

Because of increasing demand for quality service, the carriers sometimes fail to scan the bar codes that would otherwise indicate where packages are located within the carrier system...it's entirely possible that they can do this legally just so when package pallets reach delivery hubs and are subdivided in local delivery areas, the local carriers can scan the individual bar codes. It's these that produce the slew of transit updates the day of delivery. The typical airing of grievances occurs when someone isn't satisfied with the goods or service, and demands justice or face legal action.

Regards delivery tracking, it pays to have an account with each of the major shipping carriers (USPS, FedEx, UPS, even DHL) plus a delivery manager account that goes beyond the physical aspects...don't try to be like the secret service and run alongside the delivery truck, guys...LOL...merely sign up for delivery notifications via email and/or text, and you'll never miss a package delivery again...heads-up...USPS is phasing out their USPS delivery phone app, so get it soon before you'll need to rely on your computer or phone's email or text instead.

Because of increasing demand for quality service, the carriers sometimes fail to scan the bar codes that would otherwise indicate where packages are located within the carrier system...it's entirely possible that they can do this legally just so when package pallets reach delivery hubs and are subdivided in local delivery areas, the local carriers can scan the individual bar codes. It's these that produce the slew of transit updates the day of delivery. The typical airing of grievances occurs when someone isn't satisfied with the goods or service, and demands justice or face legal action.

I have accounts with all of them. I do subscribe to tracking updates...

But, I'll give you an example from today. I ordered something a while ago and it shipped last Friday. Over the weekend, no updates, still just the old 'label created' (sounds familiar...). Come Monday it showed that it had been received in Dallas and was due to be delivered between 11 and 1 today, Friday. All good, so far. Then, no updates all week. No progress, nada. Today, I get a notice that it's out for delivery. About 10:45 I get texts saying it's almost there, at the same time I get a notification from my Ring doorbell that there is activity at my door. I look at the tracking info and it shows, receive din Dallas, out for delivery and delivered.

I'm not really complaining, I mean I got my package. I got it a few minutes before they said it would be there. But, I was getting a touch nervous. As much crap as goes missing during shipping, or as much of my stuff goes the wrong direction and shows up days later (when I'm lucky)? Who could blame about getting nervous?

If you're gonna offer tracking (and charge me for it) it would be nice if it was remotely accurate.. Or, at least kinda detailed.

I would say that the increasing demand is not about quality... I would say that the demand is about volume. At least, from the management of said companies. As for customers? I'd just like the quality I used to get.

But, I'll give you an example from today. I ordered something a while ago and it shipped last Friday. Over the weekend, no updates, still just the old 'label created' (sounds familiar...). Come Monday it showed that it had been received in Dallas and was due to be delivered between 11 and 1 today, Friday. All good, so far. Then, no updates all week. No progress, nada. Today, I get a notice that it's out for delivery. About 10:45 I get texts saying it's almost there, at the same time I get a notification from my Ring doorbell that there is activity at my door. I look at the tracking info and it shows, receive din Dallas, out for delivery and delivered.

I'm not really complaining, I mean I got my package. I got it a few minutes before they said it would be there. But, I was getting a touch nervous. As much crap as goes missing during shipping, or as much of my stuff goes the wrong direction and shows up days later (when I'm lucky)? Who could blame about getting nervous?

If you're gonna offer tracking (and charge me for it) it would be nice if it was remotely accurate.. Or, at least kinda detailed.

I would say that the increasing demand is not about quality... I would say that the demand is about volume. At least, from the management of said companies. As for customers? I'd just like the quality I used to get.

Yeah, that's understandable. I don't think the problem with deliveries is nationwide. It may be regionalized to the efficiency of the local service. Sometimes companies are tempted to increase the cost of doing business when they receive enough complaints about their service, in order to justify raising prices.

Trust me, whenever I complain about things, the first thing businesses do is make me pay more. Regards my experience with some of my carriers, they already hate me, because they don't wish to do what is right. I wish them nothing but the bluebird of happiness.

Regards experience, we should ask ourselves if we think that complaining will improve our service, or bring about higher prices? o_O It might change things, but change comes with a cost. Been there; know a few things about reality...

Last edited:
Delivery time is always different and depends on your location. I once ordered a parcel with clothes in it, and I was given a delivery time of about one month. I thought about the order every day and checked the mail hoping to see messages about the parcel, but I didn't know where it was at the moment. So I decided to use tracking Newgistics. They gave me all the information on the item's whereabouts and gave me the ability to track it at any time. Even when the border was difficult, I contacted the carrier for more information on the delivery. I advise everyone not to forget about such an important part of delivery as tracking.

In fact, the less the parcel weighs, the faster it arrives. Nothing is surprising in this. It's all about how to send lighter cargo and vice versa heavy. If you have any doubts about sending an order, then it will be useful to know that there are sites that track packages. The introduction of this system has allowed logistics companies to reduce the risk of losing a package. This option proved to be useful for both sellers and buyers. Next time you order, you may need a tracking site like https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.com/de/dhl-sendungsverfolgung.html . There is no reason to worry when you receive up-to-date information about your purchase. How do you like these innovations?

Last edited:
I had a notice last week that a parcel had been delivered. Showed a signature and everything. Wasn't my signature either but supposedly somebody signed for it. Nope, showed up the next day (thankfully) and the signature was of the driver that picked the package up at the distribution center...

That's happened to me on more than one occasion. Usually, on a busy day, when I'm most distracted, a text or email arrives saying the order that was placed a week ago (with no updates) is OFD between 9:45 AM & 2 PM.

My guess (ya gotta guess when nothing else is making sense and gotta go with your gut) was that the order was placed with a 3rd-party amazon vendor (or similar) that didn't notify me during transit (but could be checked on the amazon "Orders" page under Track Package and See All Updates).

The delivery carrier only notifies you if you're signed up for delivery notifications for all incoming packages, and may only do so when the order is OFD that day. If the package is UPS, FedEx or USPS, you can usually copy the tracking number and check the respective carrier websites and request updates there. (You may receive duplicate tracking updates, because you're already signed up for regular updates)
I had a notice last week that a parcel had been delivered. Showed a signature and everything. Wasn't my signature either but supposedly somebody signed for it. Nope, showed up the next day (thankfully) and the signature was of the driver that picked the package up at the distribution center...
While that seldom happens, it sometimes does and is a source of great consternation. Not only does it cause needless worry, but will send you to day of bingeing popcorn and movie candy whilst watching Netflix on the sofa. Major emphasis on sofa lounging.

Over in Fractal land, we're discussing interesting things like where is the boundary of the universe, and how did we get here? LOL. I think some folks are just doing way too many bong hits and watching the smoke circulate...

1: a day of bingeing popcorn and movie candy whilst watching Netflix on the sofa. Major emphasis on sofa lounging.

2: Over in Fractal land, we're discussing interesting things like where is the boundary of the universe, and how did we get here? LOL. I think some folks are just doing way too many bong hits and watching the smoke circulate...
1: Hey, I like Netflix...sofas are pretty good too, especially in combination with the previous
2: uh, I don't smoke it to get high man...it's for my, uh, just a sec, oh, uh yeah, my eye thing... glock 9 or something...

I cannot stand my local UPS. I actually despise them and wish reverb had better rates with USPS or Fedex. They botch my deliveries all the time claiming something was delivered and not. Constant errors on their website and app. My local UPS store only has pickup option from 8-4:30 pm M-F. I try to redirect to other stores/access points to no avail. The local store has such an abysmal customer service rating. The fact they want to charge $5 to hold a package is such a joke. It's getting to the point where if similar gear is offered by vendors and one uses Fed Ex then I'll use that vendor to purchase.

Last edited:
Even though they are based here , it deplore UPS , their track is abysmal , delivery metrics sketchy and handling questonable. Fed Ex and DHL have never been a problem... maybe Bezos should buy them... after 4 days from 1st delivery STILL no status updates other than it's delayed .. duh ....

Last edited:
Back