NGD: PRS Stripped 58 in Solana Burst with 57/08

trojanhov

8 years ago I was making a decision between a 1952 AVRI and a PRS SC245 in McCarty burst. I remember playing the sc245 and also two faded models and being so impressed. I decided to sleep on it and make the decision the next day. When I went back, the sc245 had been sold and I went with the tele. I traded the AVRI for a suhr Classic t pro. I loved the Suhr, but I saw this guitar on TGP in classifieds and it reminded me of the sc245 I let slip away. I traded the Suhr for this guitar. There’s definitely a learning curve with humbuckers, but it’s fun! My other guitar is a Gretsch g6112-tab jr.

xzLcVNp.jpg
ibKIHtq.jpg
VlbnS30.jpg

8 years ago I was making a decision between a 1952 AVRI and a PRS SC245 in McCarty burst. I remember playing the sc245 and also two faded models and being so impressed. I decided to sleep on it and make the decision the next day. When I went back, the sc245 had been sold and I went with the tele. I traded the AVRI for a suhr Classic t pro. I loved the Suhr, but I saw this guitar on TGP in classifieds and it reminded me of the sc245 I let slip away. I traded the Suhr for this guitar. There’s definitely a learning curve with humbuckers, but it’s fun! My other guitar is a Gretsch g6112-tab jr.

xzLcVNp.jpg
ibKIHtq.jpg
VlbnS30.jpg

Dude, that's hot! Congrats!

Are strippers comparable to what are called “core models” now? I’m kinda new to the PRS game...

Congrats! Beauty! That’s a core model SC 58, just with stripped down appointments (dots versus birds, no binding on the neck). Looks killer!

The "Stripped" 58 was typically a toned down (not as flashy) version of the SC58 model.

So I take it as a core model. What’s funny is, this is the flashiest guitar I’ve ever owned still! Lol it doesn’t seem stripped. Fit and finish is fantastic. Only thing I upgraded was the truss rod cover...from plastic to solid ebony. The 57/08 pickups sound great and this guitar is really growing on me. Maybe I was a humbucker guy all along....I typically play in praise and worship settings mainly clean and edge of break up... with effects, etc. haven’t had a chance to play live.... but I can’t imagine it won’t be great

So I take it as a core model. What’s funny is, this is the flashiest guitar I’ve ever owned still! Lol it doesn’t seem stripped. Fit and finish is fantastic. Only thing I upgraded was the truss rod cover...from plastic to solid ebony. The 57/08 pickups sound great and this guitar is really growing on me. Maybe I was a humbucker guy all along....I typically play in praise and worship settings mainly clean and edge of break up... with effects, etc. haven’t had a chance to play live.... but I can’t imagine it won’t be great

Yup! Core through and through. They are really great guitars. It should compliment that Gretsch pretty well too.

Back