About to add a Stripped 58 to the collection

I do too.
My other singlecuts are all darker and deeper sounding acoustically. My Stripped 58 almost had some tells like tonality when I play it acoutically.
Plugged it, it had those brilliant highs bell like, fat mids and deep lows but not as tight as my other guitars.

Bell like is a good description, it's got the deepness of a church bell, but also the chime.

I played a little acoustically. I wouldn't call it bright, but it still sounds almost bell like, agaun beautiful came to mind. It does sound different than my other guitars and singlecuts. Definitely different than my Les Paul, but my Tremonti is louder.

Hi. My name is Danny and I am a Metalhead.
I own an SC245 with 57/08 pickups and I love it.
I've also got some high gain amps.
But I would never try playing Norwegian black metal or any of those other fast paced over the top super-distorted kinds of Metal with this guitar as I believe it is much better suited to classic hard rock and classic Heavy Metal. If you want to do that fast & heavy Death Metal stuff, that's why PRS made the Mark Holcomb model. Much better tool for that job.

PRS-2013_SC245RedBurst2730.jpg
You would probably like a Custom 24 core Or S2 Anniversary CU24 ….85/15 pickups! Made for harder music. I didn’t know Norwegians played black metal…… sounds scary….:eek::D. just kidding..…beautiful SC245! Very cool color

Last edited:
You would probably like a Custom 24 core Or S2 Anniversary CU24 ….85/15 pickups! Made for harder music. I didn’t know Norwegians played black metal…… sounds scary….:eek::D. just kidding..…beautiful SC245! Very cool color

Oh yes, and they all have Cookie Monster voices too. hahahaha

Bell like is a good description, it's got the deepness of a church bell, but also the chime.

I played a little acoustically. I wouldn't call it bright, but it still sounds almost bell like, agaun beautiful came to mind. It does sound different than my other guitars and singlecuts. Definitely different than my Les Paul, but my Tremonti is louder.
Yes mine is not super loud, not as full sounding acoustic ally nor as loud. But great plugged in.

I usually find that the acoustic quality is indicative of the tone thru an amp. My S58 is brighter and more glassy than my 25" scale SC250 with weight relief and my 2001 Singlecut. I'm I stalling a Rio Grande BBQ to see if it gets me closer to what I want.

I also, may try to smooth out the low E feet saddle as it is so sharp and digs into my wrist while playing.

Back