NGD-Ok...I'm gunna find out if Sergio is right and if all my other guitars are trash.

This ^^^!!

Great guitar!

Never apologize to Sergio for a blue guitar, he's merely yearning for validation. He'll get the help he needs one day.

"You, Les, are also guilty of the same thing, the need to somehow have your existence validated."

"You bet! It takes one to know one!" ;)
Da f**k? I don’t need validation, I use the valet.

Da f**k? I don’t need validation, I use the valet.
Let's ask my imaginary friend, Dr. Freud. What do you think, doc?

"I think you're both nuts."

"Be serious for a moment."

"Look, every human being I know wants their existence to be acknowledged, and to be made to feel that they matter. That's why we tend to hang with people who at the very least pay some attention to us. That's called validation. Every time someone apologizes to Sergio for violating his irrational obsession against blue guitars, his existence is validated, and he's reminded that folks appreciate him. He seeks that like most people. Instead of merely being told he's a crank and to go away, he's getting positive attention. You attempt the same thing with your tube amp prejudice, Les, only no one apologizes to you for foolishly spending their money on a modeler because they think you're kind of a prick."

"Wait...kind of a prick?"

"I was being nice. You're definitely a prick."

"Point taken."

"You're probably hoping to be validated by people saying you're really not a prick."

"Maybe..."

"Not gonna happen. By the way, taco joints have valets now?"

Last edited:
Let's ask my imaginary friend, Dr. Freud. What do you think, doc?

"I think you're both nuts."

"Be serious for a moment."

"Look, every human being I know wants their existence to be acknowledged, and to be made to feel that they matter. That's why we tend to hang with people who at the very least pay some attention to us. That's called validation. Every time someone apologizes to Sergio for violating his irrational obsession against blue guitars, his existence is validated, and he's reminded that folks appreciate him. He seeks that like most people. Instead of merely being told he's a crank and to go away, he's getting positive attention. You attempt the same thing with your tube amp prejudice, Les, only no one apologizes to you for foolishly spending their money on a modeler because they think you're kind of a prick."

"Wait...kind of a prick?"

"I was being nice. You're definitely a prick."

"Point taken."

"You're probably hoping to be validated by people saying you're really not a prick."

"Maybe..."

"Not gonna happen. By the way, taco joints have valets now?"
I never go out for tacos! It’s always to some busted @ss Italian place or meatery I get dragged (and drunk at) with family.

For a while now I've been browsing and browsing for a Santana. It's probably been over a year. I haven't really played a Santana, I picked up an SE Santana at a local shop years ago and put it back up after 15 sec with it...unplugged. I've been hearing from others that they bring something different to the table...So I finally found one that I liked and had to snag it. Forgive me Sergio it's blue...but it's a Santana so maybe you'll let it slide LOL. I can't wait till it comes in...these are pics from the listing.

drh3JzF.jpg

3xw5lw2.jpg
xtbe6SK.jpg
I sorta want to get my swimming pool raft and dive into that top..........BEAUTIFUL !!!!

For a while now I've been browsing and browsing for a Santana. It's probably been over a year. I haven't really played a Santana, I picked up an SE Santana at a local shop years ago and put it back up after 15 sec with it...unplugged. I've been hearing from others that they bring something different to the table...So I finally found one that I liked and had to snag it. Forgive me Sergio it's blue...but it's a Santana so maybe you'll let it slide LOL. I can't wait till it comes in...these are pics from the listing.

drh3JzF.jpg

3xw5lw2.jpg
xtbe6SK.jpg

That looks like one I kept noticing, long ago in a particular small guitar. Over the course of a very long time it stayed in that store (presumably because the price was very high, relatively speaking) and no one ever bought it. But each time I noticed it, I kept leaving the store after having come up with some reason as to why I shouldn't buy it. Then one day I realized "Why the hell didn't I buy that guitar!?" which was followed by "I'm going to buy that guitar right now!" So I made a trip out there to that store to buy it, and wouldn't you know... someone had just bought it. The ol' one that got away routine strikes again.

That looks like one I kept noticing, long ago in a particular small guitar. Over the course of a very long time it stayed in that store (presumably because the price was very high, relatively speaking) and no one ever bought it. But each time I noticed it, I kept leaving the store after having come up with some reason as to why I shouldn't buy it. Then one day I realized "Why the hell didn't I buy that guitar!?" which was followed by "I'm going to buy that guitar right now!" So I made a trip out there to that store to buy it, and wouldn't you know... someone had just bought it. The ol' one that got away routine strikes again.

Was it recently? Was it me who snagged it? Hopefully not!

Back