NGD - Joined Club Santana!

Neck Carve: Santana.

Just wondering, side by side, how the Santana neck profile feels in comparison against your 594?

It's a little beefier (deeper) than the 594, but not as beefy as the R8 I used in trade for the Santana. A 594 neck carve on a Santana would be the cats meow. At least for me.

Do you find yourself doing much knob twiddling (get yer mind outta the gutter... talkin' about yer amp) when swapping between 594 and Santana, or just guitar controls?

Spinning through your neck of the woods on the way to La Crosse the 4th weekend in April. Have your checkbook ready! :p
That's right after my birthday! What a beautiful gift - you're far too generous!:D

Do you find yourself doing much knob twiddling (get yer mind outta the gutter... talkin' about yer amp) when swapping between 594 and Santana, or just guitar controls?

I haven't, to this point. I was bouncing between a bunch of profiles on the Kemper, just checking them out. I'd have to say I was mostly high gain stuff with the Santana, so far. I haven't spent anytime with it on "mellower" tones. I do really like the 594 for its versatility. That's going to be hard to match.

If you pay the CNC fee for yours, I might just end up spec-ing my first PS after you! :D

I don't think a change in neck carve only would require a CNC upcharge...so you go first.

So, after living with this beauty for a few days, I still haven't changed my mind. This may actually be my favorite model. It's not as versatile as the 594, but I don't know that that's what I'm looking for. It's just such a joy to play. Which brings me to a question: Anyone else think that the Santana has that LP thing? You know, that growl? I was playing with an AC/DC kind of amp set up and I just seemed to get that "thing". Not that I'm looking for it, as the be all end all, or anything. It's just an observation I made. Anyone else feel similarly?

So, after living with this beauty for a few days, I still haven't changed my mind. This may actually be my favorite model. It's not as versatile as the 594, but I don't know that that's what I'm looking for. It's just such a joy to play. Which brings me to a question: Anyone else think that the Santana has that LP thing? You know, that growl? I was playing with an AC/DC kind of amp set up and I just seemed to get that "thing". Not that I'm looking for it, as the be all end all, or anything. It's just an observation I made. Anyone else feel similarly?

As for me, I'm playing and recording mine dry thru my 100 Watt Lonestar head(100 watt setting) using the 'Drive' channel w/the PRS 2x12 Deep Cabinet loaded with V30's. Sounds incredible.

Which brings me to a question: Anyone else think that the Santana has that LP thing? You know, that growl?

Well, since the two I have (god, I feel like pimp sayin' that) aren't Santana's with a maple top, no not really LP, but definitely got a bit more of that Gibson-ish thang.

Bodia came by today and was nice enough to let me play this guitar.. Damn! It's sofaking rad! The maple neck and ebony board add a certain clarity and "zing" to it. Now I'm putting an Artist Package Santana on my long-term want list.

Bodia came by today and was nice enough to let me play this guitar.. Damn! It's sofaking rad! The maple neck and ebony board add a certain clarity and "zing" to it. Now I'm putting an Artist Package Santana on my long-term want list.

Sadly, I left my wang bar at home......:confused:

Back