NGD - Joined Club Santana!

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
Today, I enter Club Santana! I always thought that I'd like to have one, but wasn't really sure how I'd feel about the short scale and 24 frets, or the beefy neck. I played up like I was on the edge of buying one for the White Westie story, and it was good cover. I hadn't really planned on getting one, at this point. Of course, then I got to play the Westie, and Sergio's KL-33. Hmmm....I really like this. Maybe I should seriously look into this one of these days.

Well, "one of these days" turned out to be last week. I was plunking around on my R8 and wasn't having any fun. I decided I really could do without the R8, right then, and right there! Sounded ok. Didn't have any flaws, but it was just so uncomfortable to play. I felt like I was fighting it. Too bad. It is (was) a nice guitar, but it only lasted 4 months.

I start looking at stuff online and decided it was indeed time for a Santana. Did some poking around at the usual sites. Found something that piqued my curiosity at Willcutt. Picked up the phone, spent some time talking to Brandon about the two I was thinking about. Got my questions answered, worked a deal for the R8, boxed it up and took it to the UPS Store. It arrived at Willcutt Tuesday afternoon. I talked to Brandon yesterday (Wednesday), finalized payment of the balance, and made arrangements for Express Delivery via FedEx since I'm always around in the morning.

"Out for delivery" at 7:40! Of course, it was 10:25 before the truck pulled up. Of course, it's at the end of the delivery window. Why would I expect it before 10:30 when the FedEx facility is a mile from my house! I'm standing in the door waiting for the guy to get out of his truck, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. He comes out of the back, goes through some papers on his dash, goes back into the back of his truck. I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting....10 minutes! Finally he comes out of the back with a big box. I head out and say, "Dude, I was startin' to get worried!" He replies, "I couldn't find it, and it's the biggest box on my truck!"

In it comes. It's been in the teens overnight, and in the 30s during the day. Figure I'd better let it sit, just in case. I needed to run to the Post Office anyway.

Unboxing time! Here we have a brand new 2014 Santana Artist Pack. To shake things up a bit, maple neck and ebony board, in Black Gold!
20170316_121217_zpskypzyg6x.jpg

20170316_121252_zpsmkbxuaqb.jpg

20170316_121257_zpshmhumlyi.jpg

20170316_121308_zpsghxvumno.jpg

20170316_121336_zpsxmpvamie.jpg

20170316_121348_zpsib57kuh8.jpg

20170316_121409_zpstf3t97ny.jpg

20170316_121429_zpsqgzi5wrt.jpg

Man, this thing is SWEET! Now I'm kicking myself for waiting so long! Not sure how the maple and ebony change things up since I have practically no experience with the Santana. I'll have to take it by Sergio's to do a little comparison some time soon. I can now say, I am a happy member of Club Santana!

Congrats Bodia on this killer score
I didn't get the chance to feast my eyes because the pics are small,
you know how insatiable we are for awesomeness...
I was very pleased when I played my nephew's Santana SE, I wonder how I would feel
playing a core or an AP one...
Enjoy, waiting for the tone report for this wood combo .

Congrats Bodia on this killer score
I didn't get the chance to feast my eyes because the pics are small,
you know how insatiable we are for awesomeness...
I was very pleased when I played my nephew's Santana SE, I wonder how I would feel
playing a core or an AP one...
Enjoy, waiting for the tone report for this wood combo .

Thanks G! Larger pics are up!

It'd feel really awesome!

Yeah.....it's okay.

If you're into that kind of thing.

;) ;)

That's a BEAST of a guitar, sir.

Awesome color.

Awesome neck.

I'm a fan.

Back