NGD: Hollowbody II Artist Pack (Custom Color)

I really dig the dark burst on this gorgeous Bonnie Pink
soooooooooooooooooo delicious
great choice, Congrats man...:congrats:

Hey TL, very nice guitar.

You seem to know a lot about the HBII type. I was looking for a nice HB guitar and I went with PRS because of the piezo "blend" option. However, I made the purchase blind as I could not find one to hold. One thing that I am curious about is the wiring, does it all come from the slot that would be open when you remove the input jack? I don't see any other way into the body (other than the f holes). How hard is it to maintain these guitars if the electronics need to be cleaned out, etc? Also, how heavy does the neck feel in comparison to the body? Does it dive like the SGs? These are two unknowns that will itch at me until I get it to hold...can't wait.

Hey TL, very nice guitar.

You seem to know a lot about the HBII type. I was looking for a nice HB guitar and I went with PRS because of the piezo "blend" option. However, I made the purchase blind as I could not find one to hold. One thing that I am curious about is the wiring, does it all come from the slot that would be open when you remove the input jack? I don't see any other way into the body (other than the f holes). How hard is it to maintain these guitars if the electronics need to be cleaned out, etc? Also, how heavy does the neck feel in comparison to the body? Does it dive like the SGs? These are two unknowns that will itch at me until I get it to hold...can't wait.

I have one with a rosewood neck, and neck dive is not an issue. As for the electronics, not a big deal. If you wanted to get in there you have to remove the bridge and unclasp the ribbon wire connecting the piezo board to the bridge. This allows you to get the electronics out of the side where the input jacks are (I couldn't get the tone pot out through the f hole because the way the capacitor is attached to the bottom). I was able to remove the pots without unscrewing the 3 way toggle, PRS was wise to put some slack on the leads. I removed my entire piezo assembly and put split coil mini toggles in place of the blend pot and mag/piezo selector. If you were simply swapping pickups, you only need to access the 3 way toggle and that can be easily removed out of the f hole without un-mounting anything else

Last edited:
That's definitely my next PRS buy. How would you describe the neck? Does it feel like pattern regular?

Love it! I had a hot pink quilt top ebmm evh about 20 years ago. Man, I miss that thing.

Back