Networking

Dave, I think I've got it!

Your last name is hews right?

Uh...dude...you forgot your blood type.

Oh shoot, your right.

It's red.

I'd love to get one of those OneUp games - has four or five games and the original-type control panels.

Don't waste your money on that trash. I bought the Mortal Kombat one. Graphics look worse than a Sega genesis. I still have the Mortal Kombats for the Genesis so that's how I know...not from some 25 year old foggy memory. The arcade 1 up plays (after joystick upgrades) and sounds arcade acurate but the graphics suck. I'm in the process of tearing out the monitor and circut board and putting a computer with M.A.M.E into so it'll look like it's supposed to. Shouldn't have listened to wifey on this one and just returned it. The cabinet looks cool though and it'll be great once I get the 'puter in there with M.A.M.E and a couple hundo games.

If you don't have carpentry skills or space I suppose you could go the route I am. I could've easily built my own cab though and saved a couple hundred. But the cab artwork being so close to original is kinda cool though.

A MAME setup seems to be the best with a raspberry pi close behind...according to my research. If you're not too concerned about all the details then a Pandora's box is ok. I got one for 25 bucks at a garage sale. 800 or so games but you can't adjust every parameter like the real arcade games.

It will have been wild back then!
Well... I remember checking out castles with guards wearing skirts, hills, and going to school when it was still dark.

My mother looked like Yoko Ono being Asian with long hair and all. Good thing she doesn't sing like Yoko...

Last edited:
Reactions: jxe
Lots added to this thread!

Yes, had an Amiga. I think it was called a 128 or similar, the first one.

Clearly remember people lining up to play “Pong.” Crazy. I was good at Pole Position, Defender, and Tempest. And Karateka on the Amiga. Damn Princess killed me a few times before I figured it out.

Cool that many in this group recall when “computer” meant something like the Cray X-MP, not something you carried in a shirt pocket.

My turn...

1. What’s your given name?
R**l

2. Where do you live?
Northern Illinois

3. What’s your occupation?
Science Teacher. I used to be a licensed civil engineer.

4. What one thing would you like to share about yourself to others?
  • I have 3 degrees, bachelor's in civil engineering, masters in engineering, masters in education. I was almost done with a degree in Com Sci. I'm probably a nerd.
  • I lived in Thailand, Scotland, Philippines, and I'm now in the US. I am multilingual. I am eligible to have 3 passports of differing countries.
  • I have a black belt in Taekwondo. Trained in Muay Thai. I tried Jiujitsu but sucked at it.
  • I'm poor. I acquired and sold cheap guitars throughout the years until I was able to afford my PRS S2. It took me about 7-8 years.
  • I have a condition with a 40% mortality rate if the worst happens. Each day is a blessing for me.

Last edited:
Well... I remember checking out castles with guards wearing skirts, hills, and going to school when it was still dark.

My mother looked like Yoko Ono being Asian with long hair and all. Good thing she doesn't sing like Yoko...

Did your Mum work in the Timex?

Back