Networking

1. What’s your given name? Brandon Miller
2. Where do you live? The Mighty Mighty Bettendorf IA
3. What’s your occupation? Electrical Engineer by trade. A businessman by education. Currently working in the telecom department of a utility company. Dig it!
4. What one thing would you like to share about yourself to others? Well, I'd talk about my choice in under garments but that was taken. So what's interesting....hmm. Well, I've been in several national ad campaigns for both print and television spots. I was on billboards wearing half a pair of pants advertising digital cable TV service many years ago (there was gaffer tape in a place where no adhesive belongs on that shoot). And some of you might remember this from the late 70's early 80s, but I starred in a commercial as a toddler eating yogurt with a monkey for a dairy producer. Yes....a monkey. Currently I am in trouble with my wife for "bad" spending habits. I also want to buy a monkey.....but guitars and firearms are cheaper to feed and clean up after (and the wife says NO!).

3. What’s your occupation? Electrical Engineer by trade. A businessman by education. Currently working in the telecom department of a utility company. Dig it!
4. What one thing would you like to share about yourself to others? Well, I'd talk about my choice in under garments but that was taken. So what's interesting....hmm. Well, I've been in several national ad campaigns for both print and television spots. I was on billboards wearing half a pair of pants advertising digital cable TV service many years ago (there was gaffer tape in a place where no adhesive belongs on that shoot). And some of you might remember this from the late 70's early 80s, but I starred in a commercial as a toddler eating yogurt with a monkey for a dairy producer. Yes....a monkey. Currently I am in trouble with my wife for "bad" spending habits. I also want to buy a monkey.....but guitars and firearms are cheaper to feed and clean up after (and the wife says NO!).
Howdy from another telecom dude!

Monkeys with guns RULE!!!

Tempest! Tempest!!! TEMPEST!!!!

I was never great at it, but a few times it was the best rush I'd felt until the day in my 40s that I jumped out of an airplane!

My big video games were Missile Command, Battlezone, Galaga, Gorf, Defender, and Space Invaders. Not that I was great on most of them. I was big on pinball.

I'd love to get one of those OneUp games - has four or five games and the original-type control panels. And I'd really like to have a couple pinball machines - namely Bally's Delta Queen and the original Kiss machine. I haven't seen a Delta Queen machine in 30+ years, but that's one of my all-time favorites - played it for six hours on a quarter once.

Tempest! Tempest!!! TEMPEST!!!!

I was never great at it, but a few times it was the best rush I'd felt until the day in my 40s that I jumped out of an airplane!

I was never great at Tempest, but that game was a lot of fun.

And I never jumped out of a plane in my 40s. I did it in my 20s. With a former Major League Baseball pitcher.

Let's just say it's M. Duncan, no, wait, Mike D....gotta keep it secret.

I live in Northern Virginia, also known as the DC suburbs, and 76 miles from THE factory.

I try to hold society together.

I love Star Wars, Coca Cola, the Washington Capitals, biking, and Disney. I went to 19 different elementary, junior and high schools.

iTFzy0P.gif

OK, I guess I’m a chef that helps hold society together a bit like Mike D.

Anthony (Hence the Tony)
NYC US Army veteran. Retired concert level sound engineer. Retired sound system designer and installer.
Helped rebuild downtown Manhattan after "it" happened. Retired Verizon tech. Actively gigging guitar player.

I still use a flip phone.

Tony...Firstly, Thank You (on multiple levels) !!!
Also, I work with Verizon and the local Power Company down here daily...I had a flip for about 7 years and it was damn near indestructible. Dropped it in woods chasing sewer MHs, TWICE. Went back and called the next day and found it both times. Dropped into (thankfully dry) storm drain MHs, and it worked fine. Now, I need (per the powers that be) this Super Dee-Duper Eye Phone 12.17, for Emails and other work related crap, and it shuts off when it feels like it. And it still won't wipe my butt, no matter how I load the app for it.

Damn, I miss my flipper.

Glorious tourneys with my buds on Sega NHL
Ours was Mutant League Football. Ripping your opponent limb-from-limb was way more fun than just giving them a concussion.

With that little nugget out of the way...

I’m Kerry, nice to meet you. I live in a small suburb of Indianapolis. I work in another small suburb of Indianapolis for a small financial institution. I’ve also started every one of these sentences with “I” so it seems more personal. Now, I’d appreciate it if you eased up on all the personal sh*t. Don’t you people have something more productive to do?

:oops::D
I’m one degree away from Kevin Bacon.

Last edited:
Ours was Mutant League Football. Ripping your opponent limb-from-limb was way more fun than just giving them a concussion.

With that little nugget out of the way...

I’m Kerry, nice to meet you. I live in a small suburb of Indianapolis. I work in another small suburb of Indianapolis for a small financial institution. I’ve also started every one of these sentences with “I” so it seems more personal. Now, I’d appreciate it if you eased up on all the personal sh*t. Don’t you people have something more productive to do?

:oops::D
I’m one degree away from Kevin Bacon.

You must be Footloose!

Back