Music/Man Cave

Rich5150

A long time coming for this, this used to be my sister in law's old room, that turned into the catch all for everything including my guitars. With being home due to the pandemic we've been redoing some bedrooms and as was always the plan this was to be turned into my room for all my gear and computer. basically a hideaway for me lol.

There is still work to do I have guitars I have to hang and art to hang but its finally getting there.
Before
IMG-8731-copy.jpg

During
IMG-8733-copy.jpg

IMG-8734-copy.jpg

IMG-8732-copy.jpg

After so far
IMG-8733-copy.jpg

IMG-8734-copy.jpg

IMG-8732-copy.jpg

After so far

IMG-8738-copy.jpg

IMG-8736-copy.jpg

IMG-8737-copy.jpg

Nice! I see the Fractal and Monster PRO 2500...what else is in the rack?

Per other forum members suggestions, consider some audio damping wall treatments so as to avoid disturbing the neighbors. The room volume will be there, but will be tamed with the wall treatments before it reaches neighbor's ears...

(Your family will also thank you...)

It looks fantastic! It’s great to have a music room to spend your free time in. Is the white one a Dave Navarro?

Per other forum members suggestions, consider some audio damping wall treatments so as to avoid disturbing the neighbors. The room volume will be there, but will be tamed with the wall treatments before it reaches neighbor's ears...

I have to see about panels for the noise I fired it up after I got in there and it was boomy but awesome .

Top to bottom
Monster pro
Peterson StroboRack
Shure UR4D+
Whirlwind mulit selector both wireless packs, cable and a mute
Blank panel
AxeFX III
Matrix GT-1000

cabs are Matrix NL2-12’s

I have to see about panels for the noise I fired it up after I got in there and it was boomy but awesome .

Top to bottom
Monster pro
Peterson StroboRack
Shure UR4D+
Whirlwind mulit selector both wireless packs, cable and a mute
Blank panel
AxeFX III
Matrix GT-1000

cabs are Matrix NL2-12’s

What does the Matrix GT-1000 do? Power amp?

Actually, acoustical treatment will make the inside of the room sound better, but it will not prevent noise transmission to more than a very tiny degree. The only things that do that are isolation of the room from adjoining walls, mass (layers of sheetrock for example), and sealing off all openings, blocking windows, etc. Since rooms need ventilation, true soundproofing requires specialized and expensive HVAC installation.

Soundproofing is a completely different art than treating reflections and bass trapping. Commercial studios do both. Soundproofing is a very expensive thing to do correctly, and most home studios don't do it correctly, since most don't bother with the necessary HVAC, special doors, and room seal.

A long time coming for this, this used to be my sister in law's old room, that turned into the catch all for everything including my guitars. With being home due to the pandemic we've been redoing some bedrooms and as was always the plan this was to be turned into my room for all my gear and computer. basically a hideaway for me lol.

There is still work to do I have guitars I have to hang and art to hang but its finally getting there.
Before
IMG-8731-copy.jpg

During
IMG-8733-copy.jpg

IMG-8734-copy.jpg

IMG-8732-copy.jpg

After so far
IMG-8733-copy.jpg

IMG-8734-copy.jpg

IMG-8732-copy.jpg

After so far

IMG-8738-copy.jpg

IMG-8736-copy.jpg

IMG-8737-copy.jpg

The room is looking great! I love the flooring, too.

Got some more work done today, wall mounted guitars and hung up some pictures. getting there tomorrow the desk goes in and a couple more things to get done might hang the tv tomorrow as well.

The clothes in the closet are temporary till we clean out the master bedroom closet.

IMG-8751.jpg

IMG-8752.jpg

IMG-8748.jpg

IMG-8750.jpg

IMG-8753.jpg

IMG-8755.jpg

It looks really great. I love the wall mounted row above the others. You can rotate them with the ones in the racks so that you can enjoy them all. Well done!

It looks really great. I love the wall mounted row above the others. You can rotate them with the ones in the racks so that you can enjoy them all. Well done!

Lol I was actually holding my breath putting them In there waiting for it to come crashing down. Even though I triple checked the studs, I put the “beaters” in to test it.

Got some more work done today, wall mounted guitars and hung up some pictures. getting there tomorrow the desk goes in and a couple more things to get done might hang the tv tomorrow as well.

The clothes in the closet are temporary till we clean out the master bedroom closet.

IMG-8751.jpg

IMG-8752.jpg

IMG-8748.jpg

IMG-8750.jpg

IMG-8753.jpg

IMG-8755.jpg
Coming together nicely! Where the JP?

I also drink Diet Coke. It's the best.

Digging the room. It's coming together nicely.

What's the last thing you hit with that hammer?

No more JP's for me.

Diet Coke fueled all the renovations lol. Nothing major with the hammer just up there for picture hanging at this point.
What?! Didn’t you just post the purple on on IG in the last couple of weeks?

Back