Big Event Today

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Today was the annual Mario Lemieux Foundation 6.6K Run And Family Walk. It's a fun event, and it raises money to fund cancer charities in the area.

Because I turned 60 this year, I told my wife I'd like to have the whole family do it. She's done the walk (3.3K) twice, I've done it twice - once the walk, once the run, and my daughter's done it several times (always the run). But this year we dragged my son along, and my daughter's fiancé came along for the walk as well. So three of us did the 6.6K, and my wife and my daughter's fiancé both did the 3.3K. Needless to say, the 60-year-old brought up the rear - the back just doesn't hold up like it used to. But I finished well within the time limit, and I was far from last overall.

And because it was for my 60th birthday, my wife decided to do the fundraiser and try to get me a signed Mario Lemieux puck, and she made it, so I have a puck and a hat for this year's run, too!

Afterwards, we killed time to wait for my favorite restaurant to open, and we had lunch there (yay wings!). And now, I get to go slip into a coma.

Yes, there are pictures, but my web hosting site is having some issues and I can't upload them right now. Hopefully soon.

Pics from the event (with links because my site isn't https):

start.jpg

Shaking the man's hand.

finish.jpg

With my kids, who also ran the 6.6K, and did it faster than the old fat guy.

the3.jpg

all5.jpg

carol.jpg

bib.jpg

puck.jpg

Back