MT 15

Did you guys see the PRSh video posted in another thread, where he’s playing over the chords the other guy plays? The MT sounds FAT and bluesy. Like a Custom 50. Not at all like Mark’s demo. I’m sure Paul EQ’d it his way and so did Mark, but this is GREAT news if it does both things that well!

Did you guys see the PRSh video posted in another thread, where he’s playing over the chords the other guy plays? The MT sounds FAT and bluesy.

I saw that vid, but didn’t hear bluesy at all! I heard high gain violin tone stuff. Nothin’ wrong with that, it’s great, but it’s not really a Blues thing.

Bluesy, from two of the masters:

I saw that vid, but didn’t hear bluesy at all! I heard high gain violin tone stuff. Nothin’ wrong with that, it’s great, but it’s not really a Blues thing.

Bluesy, from two of the masters:

A left-handed V, strung right-handed, very cool!

I think the V is a “lefty”, check out the orientation of the controls

Could be. That was pretty late in his career, maybe Gibson was making some for him?

He started out playing a '59 Gibson V. The one he is playing here is "Lucy", which was made for him by Dan Erlwine in the early 70s. The controls are set up like it's a lefty, but it's not strictly a lefty. Still strung for a righty, that is.

I was Albert King in a past life.

“But you were both alive at the same time, so that’s impossible.”

“Hey, if past lives are possible, anything’s possible. Unfortunately, even though I was Albert King in a past life, I didn’t inherit the guitar playing gene or the singing voice gene.”

“So there was really no point in being Albert King in a past life, was there?”

“Not really, no.”

Interesting. I thought blues was a playing style, not an amount of gain used.

This is a totally different tone than we heard from the Tremonti clips though. Still has gain, but fat and smooth instead of bright and crunchy. That was my point.

Interesting. I thought blues was a playing style, not an amount of gain used.

Well, you did say that the MT sounded fat and bluesy, so I figured you were talking about the amp tone. Sue me. ;)

Anyway, I didn’t hear fat and bluesy playing from Paul, either, though he does play well. Dude certainly knows music.

Knows guitars. Knows amps. Knows music.

It’s enough to make me give up and want to shoot myself, but that would be too dangerous to my health, so I’ll just have to sit back in admiration.

I'd never sue you over a difference of opinion. Heck, I'd never sue you over anything. Not my style.

But Paul likes to play bluesy stuff and I heard a lot of that in the video. My comment was pointing out the big difference in tone from the demo Tremonti did. He dialed the amp the way he liked it, and it was a very different way than we'd heard before. You called it violin tone. I like that. I'd USE that. It's fat and bluesy. :) Also, he seems to really like the amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd never sue you over a difference of opinion. Heck, I'd never sue you over anything. Not my style.

But Paul likes to play bluesy stuff and I heard a lot of that in the video. My comment was pointing out the big difference in tone from the demo Tremonti did. He dialed the amp the way he liked it, and it was a very different way than we'd heard before. You called it violin tone. I like that. I'd USE that. It's fat and bluesy. :) Also, he seems to really like the amp.

I thought he sounded inspired by Santana

He sounds good using it, too! I’m sure it can be dialed in lots of ways, btw.

He sounds good using it, too! I’m sure it can be dialed in lots of ways, btw.

Yes he does, and yes I bet it can as well. IF, as was rumored (or did Tremonti even say this in one of the vids, or did I dream that) this was based on the Archon, then this could be the steal of the century for the price, and it will be more versatile than the initial demos show. Because like you said, Paul was using plenty of gain on it. I bet it can get low gain blues and in between that and Pauls settings. It may be like the Archon though, where you have to turn the gain knob WAY down to get them.

Yes he does, and yes I bet it can as well. IF, as was rumored (or did Tremonti even say this in one of the vids, or did I dream that) this was based on the Archon, then this could be the steal of the century for the price, and it will be more versatile than the initial demos show. Because like you said, Paul was using plenty of gain on it. I bet it can get low gain blues and in between that and Pauls settings. It may be like the Archon though, where you have to turn the gain knob WAY down to get them.
I believe in one NAMM interview Mark said it was based on an Archon, and that they have been tweaking the sound and design for over a year. I've heard a couple different plays both clean and high gain, half and full power. I am very impressed to say the least. I may have to break out the tax refund if I don't win it.

Back