PRS MT-15 or EVH 5150S

krb813

Hi everyone. I don’t post here much. I have a line on a used 5150 Stealth 50w. I’m also looking at a new MT-15. What do you all recommend in terms of which way to go here? Stealth or MT-15? The price difference is about $300 more to go with the 5150 Stealth. My wife is giving me the go ahead either way. I know I can save money going with the MT-15.

Any guesses on what the responses will be on a PRS forum? ;)

Similar target market and amp style - I’d say you can’t go wrong with either one. While the MT-15 is plenty loud, it probably doesn’t have the same headroom and “oomph” of a 50 Watter. You haven’t mentioned your playing style, whether you gig (and what size spaces you gig in), etc. Really hard for anyone to recommend one amp over another without some context.

Either way, keep the wife. :)

Sorry guys. Thanks for responding. This was a short runway timeframe for the purchase. I will say based on the times I have posted on this site. The people here are so generous with info and it is appreciated.

his was a short runway timeframe for the purchase. I will say based on the times I have posted on this site. The people here are so generous with info and it is appreciated.
Sorry we couldn't respond quickly enough to be of much help. I don't speak for everyone, but I still have a job and I can't take more than 15-16 forum breaks per hour or I get in trouble. I even started smoking just so I'd have an excuse to take extra breaks. I'm really doing all I can.

Back