May I Borrow Your Eyes?

Think of it like I’m your friend who’s tryin’ to set you up with your real soulmate while you pine away over some married woman.

I just want you to be happy.
Never doubted you for an instant! As long as you don’t start with “she’s got a great personality and can cook, too!”

Ok, so this thread is well over a year old. And I bought several PRSi over that span. And Sergio’s suggestion (and my subsequent action on said suggestion) convinced me that I may just be a hollowbody player after all the decades of solid body mayhem. And I still have found no white 594 HB IIs in the wild. And I still want one, even more now having played and loved the solid 594 variants.

So...

I’m ordering a new one. There will be an interminable wait, I am told, but it’s coming. This is a very advance notice of a NGD post.

Ok, so this thread is well over a year old. And I bought several PRSi over that span. And Sergio’s suggestion (and my subsequent action on said suggestion) convinced me that I may just be a hollowbody player after all the decades of solid body mayhem. And I still have found no white 594 HB IIs in the wild. And I still want one, even more now having played and loved the solid 594 variants.

So...

I’m ordering a new one. There will be an interminable wait, I am told, but it’s coming. This is a very advance notice of a NGD post.

Jack Gretz had one on his site when I looked a few months ago, but it's not there any more. It's gorgeous. I almost bought it instead of the McCarty Trem. I forgot about this thread, or I'd have told you about it.

Jack Gretz had one on his site when I looked a few months ago, but it's not there any more. It's gorgeous. I almost bought it instead of the McCarty Trem. I forgot about this thread, or I'd have told you about it.
Really, ordering one new is about as close to a PS as I’m ever likely to get, so this is somewhat of a final “my guitar” sort of move. The McCarty HB I spruce top has been a great guitar, and I’ve thought about popping in some 58/15LTs into it to get a bit closer to the 594. I’ve thrown darts all around the center, but this seems to be the bulls eye. Definitely the most expensive guitar I’ve bought, but nothing compared to what some have invested here.

Still just a PRS Padawan.

That is truly stellar!

Very time my wife goes out of town to hang out with our daughters, I tell her the same lame joke: “I’ll be sure to clean up after the hookers who come to live with me leave.’

It never makes her laugh. Nor does she ever become even slightly concerned. But I say it anyway. Because, tradition!

One day I’m going to make good on my boast, but truly, I’d prefer to spend thousands on a new guitar. That, in and of itself, tells me I’m ready for the old guitar players’ home.

“There’s an Old Guitar Players’ Home?”

“It’s just like the Young Guitar Player’s Home, actually. A couch at the girl friend’s place, only the girl friend is someone’s grandma, instead of a young hottie. Even though she still thinks she’s a hottie. And the Old Guitar Player doesn’t really care if she is, or not.”

You,ve been on a roll lately Les
Keep it up

I love the shorter scale length PRS (like, really really looove them) but the 594 HB’s I’ve tried haven’t really floated my boat. They were nice, hella nice even (PS’s) but there’s something about those old spruce HBI’s that kinda ended my search.

First, look intently at this beautiful instrument:

3KbC2jC.png

This is known as a 594 Hollowbody II. It is gorgeous. It is expensive. It is elusive. Therefore I have determined it must be female.

I want one.

Should any of you find one of these needing a home, please let me know. It is the only other female my wife will allow me to spend several thousand dollars on, and bring home to live with us.

Thank you all :D
this is all too sexy! aren't we all polygamous!

I love the shorter scale length PRS (like, really really looove them) but the 594 HB’s I’ve tried haven’t really floated my boat. They were nice, hella nice even (PS’s) but there’s something about those old spruce HBI’s that kinda ended my search.
The good part is that the HB Spruce is a permanent resident here, so will always be around to partner with the 594 HB for gigging. Every part of me except my lower back loved the SC594, so I’m looking forward to a similar playing feel without the similar back feel after a couple of long sets.

You recommendation of that Spruce was among the best ever. That one is a pass-it-on-after-I’m-gone guitar. Hopefully, the new one will join those ranks!

Back