May I Borrow Your Eyes?

Ok, so this thread is well over a year old. And I bought several PRSi over that span. And Sergio’s suggestion (and my subsequent action on said suggestion) convinced me that I may just be a hollowbody player after all the decades of solid body mayhem. And I still have found no white 594 HB IIs in the wild. And I still want one, even more now having played and loved the solid 594 variants.

So...

I’m ordering a new one. There will be an interminable wait, I am told, but it’s coming. This is a very advance notice of a NGD post.
Atta boy!

Really, ordering one new is about as close to a PS as I’m ever likely to get, so this is somewhat of a final “my guitar” sort of move. The McCarty HB I spruce top has been a great guitar, and I’ve thought about popping in some 58/15LTs into it to get a bit closer to the 594. I’ve thrown darts all around the center, but this seems to be the bulls eye. Definitely the most expensive guitar I’ve bought, but nothing compared to what some have invested here.

Still just a PRS Padawan.

Not that I know what a padawan is...

Oh sure, I could look it up. At some point. ;)

I might have guessed you were a fig newton man.

Just brownies!;)

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville - No cookies, pies or cakes for Les.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville - No cookies, pies or cakes for Les.

Just being the householder with your 2nd cup and the songs of your loins...

First, look intently at this beautiful instrument:

3KbC2jC.png

This is known as a 594 Hollowbody II. It is gorgeous. It is expensive. It is elusive. Therefore I have determined it must be female.

I want one.

Should any of you find one of these needing a home, please let me know. It is the only other female my wife will allow me to spend several thousand dollars on, and bring home to live with us.

Thank you all :D
Wow, that is HOT! I mean, I really love my 594 Hollowbody II, and it is a once piece top and one piece back with flamed maple, but this really is HOT in all white. Would prefer all gold hardware on it though. Or all black. Not into this "mixed" bag they choose to put on so many gits!

Well, damn... UN-ordered.

I wanted a few simple special items (matching headstock, maybe gold hardware) but PRS isn't doing anything not completely stock until they catch up from their back orders (which could be a very, very long time) unless you go Private Stock, which starts at double the cost. That’s not happening, and this guitar is special to me so I’m just going to wait until I can get it like I want. What’s another year?

As I sit here playing my white HB I Spruce, I can’t help but think that this is not a cataclysmic world-ender. As life problems go, today is on the low end of the minor happenings scale. Probably a touch worse for my sales guy.

Well, damn... UN-ordered.

I wanted a few simple special items (matching headstock, maybe gold hardware) but PRS isn't doing anything not completely stock until they catch up from their back orders (which could be a very, very long time) unless you go Private Stock, which starts at double the cost. That’s not happening, and this guitar is special to me so I’m just going to wait until I can get it like I want. What’s another year?

As I sit here playing my white HB I Spruce, I can’t help but think that this is not a cataclysmic world-ender. As life problems go, today is on the low end of the minor happenings scale. Probably a touch worse for my sales guy.
That's a bummer. Totally valid based on their backlog, but it still sucks.

It makes sense that sometimes you can't wait for an ordered piece. Only thing I can suggest is that delayed gratification can sometimes be a motivating factor that builds anticipation. It's much like the time your parents allowed you to receive your driver's license. The excitement and anticipation was palpable.

Now...imagine driving to a vacation timeshare where you can soak up the sun, drink in your hand, cool breezes, sand and surf, bikinis, palm trees...

That's the kind of anticipation I'd sure look forward to...

Meanwhile...save your money, go wash your car from winter's salt, and enjoy the sunshine today.

That's a bummer. Totally valid based on their backlog, but it still sucks.
Yeah. I have to admit I thought it odd that, being as the guitar would have to be built and painted from scratch (there are none in their built ones), and you’re painting the sides and back of the headstock... painting the front would seem a small ask. But I don’t build guitars, so what do I know? I’ll keep looking in the meantime, and it’ll happen if it does. :cool:

Last edited:
Back