May I Borrow Your Eyes?

I was hoping to find one of the white 594 HBIIs used in the $3K area, but chances of finding one at all looks slim. May need to save for a while longer and consider new down the road.

I'm practical. That things going to show the dirt.
You're also going to have to get measured for a tux to go with it. A wing collar under stage lights will induce sweat and will visibly stain after 2 wears. That's going to mean a new shirt every 3rd gig.

And you will need a bespoke matched white speaker cab of course. :p

I'm practical. That things going to show the dirt.
You're also going to have to get measured for a tux to go with it. A wing collar under stage lights will induce sweat and will visibly stain after 2 wears. That's going to mean a new shirt every 3rd gig.

And you will need a bespoke matched white speaker cab of course. :p
You’re probably right, maybe I should forget the whole thing. I won’t, but maybe I should! :)

Actually, I have a perfectly good 1978 Yamaha SA2000, so I am covered for the general type. I’ve just liked my 594s so much that I thought “Why not three with the same neck?” Apparently, this is quite the expensive and elusive convenience.

Probably 10 or more years ago I wanted a white McCarty. Almost none were being made and I bought used black one and had it refinished. At that point I decided to go with a pearl white variation. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that route, but the heart wants what the heart wants!

Probably 10 or more years ago I wanted a white McCarty. Almost none were being made and I bought used black one and had it refinished. At that point I decided to go with a pearl white variation. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that route, but the heart wants what the heart wants!
I love pearl white on guitars! I’ve got a Carvin DC200 from about 2002 that is pearl white and it looks nice under stage lights.

Almost tempted to go semi-hollow when I saw this on Reverb this morning...

rUIWoct.jpg

But, no, staying the course. Maybe I’ll run into an opportunity to find the white HB II at the Experience! Thought I’d post this in case someone else is looking for a really unique semi-hollow 594 at sub-Artist Pkg dollars.

Last edited:

8Mj2qKB.jpg

But, no, staying the course. Maybe I’ll run into an opportunity to find the white HB II at the Experience! Thought I’d post this in case someone else is looking for a really unique semi-hollow 594 at sub-Artist Pkg dollars.

I don’t know if I would have been quite so self-controlled!

8Mj2qKB.jpg

I don’t know if I would have been quite so self-controlled!

Me either! ;)

Me either! That thing is off the charts hot. One piece top. Cool finish. Dig it!

8Mj2qKB.jpg

That is awesome.
What exactly are you looking for in a HB? Just white?

That is awesome.
What exactly are you looking for in a HB? Just white?
Yes sir, just a white 594 HBII with normal hardware like the one at the top of this thread. I’m hopeful I will find one used in excellent shape in the $3000-3300 range. Of course, cheaper would be great but is highly unlikely. I think if it were to go much higher, I might as well save a thousand more and order a new one! The list should be $4350 new, so if I could even locate a dealer willing to assist in some minor MAP surgery on a new one, I’d go that way now. I’m not really in a rush, but was surprised to not find one anywhere.

If I have to order one, I’ll add locking tuners, just to be custom.

Last edited:
I keep thinking the guy or girl who bought that one in the OP is going to wander in here and say “that Rick sure is a nice guy. I think I’ll sell this guitar to him at a stellar bargain price!”

And I’m going to keep thinking it. Pushing positivity your way, mystery owner...

I love pearl white on guitars! I’ve got a Carvin DC200 from about 2002 that is pearl white and it looks nice under stage lights.

I love pearl white too! I keep thinking I'll finish my Carvin Bolt T in pearl white.

rUIWoct.jpg

WOW!!!!! One piece and all! That one would be hard to resist!

Back