May I Borrow Your Eyes?

Well, damn... UN-ordered.

I wanted a few simple special items (matching headstock, maybe gold hardware) but PRS isn't doing anything not completely stock until they catch up from their back orders (which could be a very, very long time) unless you go Private Stock, which starts at double the cost. That’s not happening, and this guitar is special to me so I’m just going to wait until I can get it like I want. What’s another year?

As I sit here playing my white HB I Spruce, I can’t help but think that this is not a cataclysmic world-ender. As life problems go, today is on the low end of the minor happenings scale. Probably a touch worse for my sales guy.
Reminds me of when I was purchasing my CVO (custom vehicles operations) Harley. I said "I want different wheels" and they said "feel free to purchase them afterwards and pay your dealer to put them on". What exactly is "cutom" in CVO I asked and they said, different than stock models. Crazy. With PRS having a backlog, bit different story, but same result. Frustration with mfr! Good luck Mr. Rick!

Well, damn... UN-ordered.

I wanted a few simple special items (matching headstock, maybe gold hardware) but PRS isn't doing anything not completely stock until they catch up from their back orders (which could be a very, very long time) unless you go Private Stock, which starts at double the cost. That’s not happening, and this guitar is special to me so I’m just going to wait until I can get it like I want. What’s another year?

As I sit here playing my white HB I Spruce, I can’t help but think that this is not a cataclysmic world-ender. As life problems go, today is on the low end of the minor happenings scale. Probably a touch worse for my sales guy.

I’m a great believer in things happening for a reason and sometimes the end result turns out better than you could have hoped for.

Still sucks though.

Hey Rick;

Not sure if this would check all the boxes for what your looking for, but thought of you when I viewed it at Willcutt Guitars ( https://willcuttguitars.com/collect...wbody-ii-flame-maple-non-10-top-antique-white ):
0307293-4_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Rick;

Not sure if this would check all the boxes for what your looking for, but thought of you when I viewed it at Willcutt Guitars ( https://willcuttguitars.com/collect...wbody-ii-flame-maple-non-10-top-antique-white ):
0307293-4_2000x.jpg
Thanks Willy :)

Believe it or not, I already have the non-piezo version of that guitar, and it’s even prettier in person! There’s just something super-sexy about a white PRS, isn’t there?

Thanks for looking out for me, I do appreciate it. Not the one, but I’m tempted anyway!

Thanks Willy :)

Believe it or not, I already have the non-piezo version of that guitar, and it’s even prettier in person! There’s just something super-sexy about a white PRS, isn’t there?

Thanks for looking out for me, I do appreciate it. Not the one, but I’m tempted anyway!
Right on. Sorry to tempt you with a false idol!!!

Cheers~
W

Thought I should finish out this thread...

594 Hollowbody II ordered on 3/30/2021... in the end, I decided on a Trampas Green Blackburst. It’s gorgeous.

I’ve had a couple of different threads about this purchase, each focusing on a different aspect of what makes each type of PRS guitar (solid, semi, hollow) offers, and have received a load of really useful insights. Thanks to all!

NGD post here, if interested; https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/594-hbii-search-is-over-incoming-ngd.47654/#post-634531

First, look intently at this beautiful instrument:

3KbC2jC.png

This is known as a 594 Hollowbody II. It is gorgeous. It is expensive. It is elusive. Therefore I have determined it must be female.

I want one.

Should any of you find one of these needing a home, please let me know. It is the only other female my wife will allow me to spend several thousand dollars on, and bring home to live with us.

Thank you all :D

That guitar makes me weak in the knees.

Back