Just purchased my first PRS, Bernie Marsden SE in Dark Cherry!

Blues_Alley

Hello everyone, first post!

Just purchased my first PRS guitar (and I think it'll be the first of many :)) a brand new Bernie Marsden SE in Dark Cherry. This is from the second and last limited run of these guitars in 2018, 1 of 100 in this colour.

I am lucky to own a Mexican Deluxe Strat however I have always lusted after THAT humbucker sound. I've spent the last few years looking at various Gibson's and always convinced myself that I'm no where near good enough to justify spending that kind of money and and, are they really worth it.....

Recently I've tuned into PRS Guitars and fell in love, the attention to detail seems second to none.

Pictures to follow once it arrives, can't wait!

You'll love that Bernie. Punches way, way about the price point. I played a wall of Gibbys at a G.C. a few years back, looking for something to take home. Nothing touched me. I saw the Bernie. Didn't know anything about it. Played it unplugged for about 10 minutes and took it home. Great guitar!

Thanks. Great to hear you are happy with yours. It certainly seems the case, nobody has a bad word to say about this model. I like the fact that it's a little different too and will hopefully in many years become a rarity!

Little bit apprehensive buying online without trying first but from what I gather, the QC is so tight they are all good.

You'll love that Bernie. Punches way, way about the price point. I played a wall of Gibbys at a G.C. a few years back, looking for something to take home. Nothing touched me. I saw the Bernie. Didn't know anything about it. Played it unplugged for about 10 minutes and took it home. Great guitar!

That was my EXACT experience. It was really the Bernie that SOLD me hard on PRS. That guitar was SOOOOO amazing. The only reason I don't still have it is because it was "sacrificed" for a Core model.

OP - enjoy your new guitar. It should be awesome in every way!!

I snagged a Bernie last year, used but mint earlier sunburst model. As others have said, incredible guitar considering the price point, or even not considering the price point!

Bernies are ridiculously great guitars for the price. They're also a great guitar regardless of cost.

Welcome to the club.

Hello folks,

Well she arrived at the weekend! Have some pictures to post but can't for the life of me work out how to post on this forum.

I understand that I have to provide the url for where the image is hosted, have done this but still won't show......

Any help appreciated.

Hello folks,

Well she arrived at the weekend! Have some pictures to post but can't for the life of me work out how to post on this forum.

I understand that I have to provide the url for where the image is hosted, have done this but still won't show......

Any help appreciated.

As long as the picture has a complete web address, you can copy that and then click on the 'picture' Icon at the top of the text box - looks like a mountain with a sun and is between the smiling face emoji icon and the film strip (for adding video) icon. Clicking on the Picture Icon will give you a pop-up box with a space to paste (or type in) the complete web address starting with http:

Once the address is typed in, you click on 'insert' and it 'should' upload and insert your Picture. I use Imgur myself and, beside the image I get a list of different ways I can copy the address for different methods of linking to my picture - I click copy on the 'Direct Link' and then paste it into the Picture pop out box and hit insert. Just as I will do now to insert one of my Pics in to this to illustrate the result of following these instructions...

kZnd9Gg.jpg

If you can see my Hollowbody II above this, then it shows that the method works!

Back