Has anyone ever seen or know for sure a PRS SE Bernie Marsden in Black?

Max Headroom

Your Mom rang, can she have her panties back!
SE Bernie Marsden in Black?
Never seen one and having trouble verifying PRS made one.
Serial number on the one I'm looking at is N17072 which corresponds to a 2013 Korean SE but that's about it.
Says SE Bernie Marsden on front of headstock and controls are laid out like a Bernie.

Patiently waiting for your NGD post.
I know right...yet another NGD....lol.
I will wait until it's at least shipped.
I had actually bought it earlier and then thought, well poop...did they even make a black version or is it a clever copy.
But who would go to that trouble for a $500 guitar?

I know right...yet another NGD....lol.
I will wait until it's at least shipped.
I had actually bought it earlier and then thought, well poop...did they even make a black version or is it a clever copy.
But who would go to that trouble for a $500 guitar?
Good point. These things punch so far above their price point it’s ridiculous

Yes, there were Bernie’s in black. Don‘t recall if it was a limited number, though. I remember loooking at them on Sweetwate’s website.
Yes, I've also seen them used on eBay or Reverb in black.

Some people say the black ones sound slightly different because they lack the thin veneer of flamed maple glued onto the body, which some people say dampens the tone slightly.

I dunno if that's always true or not, but I had three SE Singlecuts, two with flame tops and one painted solid black.

The black one was my favorite.

Yes, I've also seen them used on eBay or Reverb in black.

Some people say the black ones sound slightly different because they lack the thin veneer of flamed maple glued onto the body, which some people say dampens the tone slightly.

I dunno if that's always true or not, but I had three SE Singlecuts, two with flame tops and one painted solid black.

The black one was my favorite.
Well this one is definitely going to sound different with a set of EMG 80's in it.

No kidding. Sounds like fun! What's the price?
Wellllll..that's why I couldn't ignore it, sigh..I tried, I really tried, for all of five minutes anyway.

$485 for guitar, PRS gig bag, strap, lead and a Fender Frontman 10w practice amp.

I will probably give the amp to my daughter as she only has a small apartment right now and I'm using her Orange Crush 35RT.

Wellllll..that's why I couldn't ignore it, sigh..I tried, I really tried, for all of five minutes anyway.

$485 for guitar, PRS gig bag, strap, lead and a Fender Frontman 10w practice amp.

I will probably give the amp to my daughter as she only has a small apartment right now and I'm using her Orange Crush 35RT.
Sounds like a steal! Congratulations.

I've never gotten one for that low a price.Are you loving it?

Sounds like a steal! Congratulations.

I've never gotten one for that low a price.Are you loving it?
It's not here yet...that will then be a NGD thread, shipping from Illinois to Florida but we might have a hurricane this week so that might slow delivery down.
Watch for the NGD thread when it arrives.

And yes majority of Bernies I saw were at least $750.

Possibly with this one having non original pups might have hurt value.
And I have not seen what sort of job has been made of the wiring or battery location yet.

Great deal!

It's not here yet...that will then be a NGD thread, shipping from Illinois to Florida but we might have a hurricane this week so that might slow delivery down.
Watch for the NGD thread when it arrives.

And yes majority of Bernies I saw were at least $750.

Possibly with this one having non original pups might have hurt value.
And I have not seen what sort of job has been made of the wiring or battery location yet.
I don't know if changed pickups necessarily devalues a Bernie. I like to start with stock just because it's a clean slate no one has messed up yet.

But the Bernie is one guitar that REALLY BENEFITS from a pickup swap.

Those Korean made 245 pickups they came with sound OK but not many professionals would gig with them.

Totally "Student Edition"...which is what SE stands for,

Bernies are my favorite PRS guitars tho. After a pickup swap.

Back