2013 PRS Angelus Standard SE Natural Acoustic

Guitfiddle29

Hello,

I just picked up a 2013 PRS Angelus Standard SE Natural Acoustic, Korean made. Anyone know anything about these specific acoustics?
Reason I ask is, my understanding is that PRS didn't start making acoustics until 2009.
When I look up the serial number it says it was produced in 2002.
I'm confused about why the years don't all match up to what's found on the guitar vs online.
I own 2 other PRS SE electric guitars that all lineup as listed.
Why is the acoustic different with the multiple different years? Even the factory where it was supposedly made, is different than what's found on the guitar vs online?
Anyone know why this is and could be such a difference with the acoustic? Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks!

If you don’t mind posting it, what is the S/N? Are you sure you’re not mixing up SE Electrics with SE Acoustic?

As an aside, I just saw that the SE Acoustics are all made in China now. I didn’t know that.

Congrats on your SE Angelus Standard (IMHO That Is The Nicest SE Acoustic Model They Have Made Yet Next To The Alex Lifeson AL)
Just From Memory PRS First Introduced The SE Acoustic Line Sometime Around 2012-2013
There were 4 Models If I Am Not Mistaken Than Again Something In The Back Of My Mind Says The A/E Versions Came Out Shortly After They Were First Introduced
Angelus Standard
Angelus Standard A/E
Angelus Custom
Angelus Custom A/E
Each Model Had A Solid Spruce Top And A Solid Back, Laminate Sides
Standard Models Had Mahogany Back & Sides
Custom Models Had Rosewood Back & Sides
They Were All Made In Korea, Came With A Hardshell Case With And SE Embossed On The Face

Thanks! Yeah, I did do that and have gone to that page/site, but for some reason and from what I can see it's not on there? Before, I went to guitarinsite.nl and that's where I found it with the descriptions in my post. Coincidentally, now that site is no longer available and reads an error; 404 Not Found. So I don't know?

If you don’t mind posting it, what is the S/N? Are you sure you’re not mixing up SE Electrics with SE Acoustic?

As an aside, I just saw that the SE Acoustics are all made in China now. I didn’t know that.
I'm definitely not mixing up the SE Electrics with SE Acoustics. Yeah, I read somewhere that the SE Acoustics are now being produced in China.
C01718 is my S/N. I purchased from GC.
Before, I went to guitarinsite.nl to look up the S/N and that's where I found it with the descriptions in my post. Coincidentally, now that site is no longer available and reads an error; 404 Not Found. So I don't know?

Congrats on your SE Angelus Standard (IMHO That Is The Nicest SE Acoustic Model They Have Made Yet Next To The Alex Lifeson AL)
Just From Memory PRS First Introduced The SE Acoustic Line Sometime Around 2012-2013
There were 4 Models If I Am Not Mistaken Than Again Something In The Back Of My Mind Says The A/E Versions Came Out Shortly After They Were First Introduced
Angelus Standard
Angelus Standard A/E
Angelus Custom
Angelus Custom A/E
Each Model Had A Solid Spruce Top And A Solid Back, Laminate Sides
Standard Models Had Mahogany Back & Sides
Custom Models Had Rosewood Back & Sides
They Were All Made In Korea, Came With A Hardshell Case With And SE Embossed On The Face
Thanks for the feedback!

I would contact PRS about this. Based on the S/N it doesn’t properly fall into any Acoustic category. I could twist some of the different S/N identifications to sort of come to an idea. Like perhaps with the “C“ identifier and “017” it’s a China made 2017, but that’s far from correct and a wild guess. It’s very confusing when they say “Approximate Serial Numbers” for the China made when there are no numbers at all. Sorry you’re having this issue. I wish manufacturers would be more straightforward about S/N. I guess with all the different factories and countries it gets crazy.

Do you know what a MODCAT number is? Honestly I don’t know if acoustics use this identifier, but that has every detail about PRS core electrics. Maybe look inside the guitar to see if there is any other info. I would try and contact PRS. With the Holiday it may be few days to a week or two while until you get a response. Probably the sooner you contact the better. Maybe someone will take some holiday compassion and give you a quick response. Idk

Have you questioned GC about it?

Here‘s a link to PRS contact page:
PRS Contact/Support

Back