SE Serial Number

Erskine

I have just bought a PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo (CorTek - China) and am a bit puzzled that I can't find a serial number with which to check the year of manufacture.

I previously had a 2009 Custom 24 and the number was clearly identifiable on the back of the headstock. However, with this I can see what appears to be a number but does not match any of the descriptions in the pRS list of numbers.

Anyone know where an SE number appears and what it should look like? (CTC) E25222 is what I see.

I have just bought a PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo (CorTek - China) and am a bit puzzled that I can't find a serial number with which to check the year of manufacture.

I previously had a 2009 Custom 24 and the number was clearly identifiable on the back of the headstock. However, with this I can see what appears to be a number but does not match any of the descriptions in the pRS list of numbers.

Anyone know where an SE number appears and what it should look like? (CTC) E25222 is what I see.
See this link. It's under "Approximate SE Acoustic Serial Numbers (China)", about 3/4 of the way down the page. The serial number is on the back of the head stock. Yours, CTC E25222 is a 2021, according to the web page.

See this link. It's under "Approximate SE Acoustic Serial Numbers (China)", about 3/4 of the way down the page. The serial number is on the back of the head stock. Yours, CTC E25222 is a 2021, according to the web page.

Many thanks, I had seen that list but had either missed that or been looking at an old version of the list. I swear there no Chinese models on the list that I looked at.

Welcome! Love my SE HBII Piezo...great choice! ;)
Yep, I am surprised how much fun I am having with it. Completely different from my Fenders and Gibsons and played through a Tweed Deluxe clone and a Laney amp, it is a lot of fun and offers a great range. The thing I notice most - so far - is that the complete tonal range seems to be there. No lost lows, highs or mids. I really like that.

Back