Instantly want more PRS guitars...

January 2021, 0 PRSi in the house. May 2021, 3 PRSi in the house ;~)) Unfortunately, since those 3 purchases, as much as I would liked to have acquired more, the funds have not been available for additional luxury acquisitions. Hopefully that will change next year and I can triple my PRSi count ;~)) So tempted to get the sassy SAS SE at the great price right now, but my girlfriend would probably kill me if I spent any money on a guitar at this moment considering I already have 13 ;~((

Enjoy your tone machine and get more, you will not regret!!!

Both my electrics are PRS. I have a decent Yamaha steel string, and my father in law just gave me a nice 40 year old Korean classical, so now 2 and 2. I started with an SE Custom 22. I got fascinated with the S2 Studio and stumbled across a new build from 2020 and bought it. I really like that guitar, and sold the SE thinking I only need one electric since I’m just starting. But I’m retiring, and I like nice stuff and I wanted a short scale dual humbucker and I wondered what a Core was like and everyone here said do it and the price was good and the condition was good and it was local and I could sort of afford it and I couldn’t help myself and I bought an ‘03 Santana III and I really like it and now I want another one. Kinda like that.

So since I got my 2024 SE Custom 24 Quilt I've been really wanting more models. I currently have a Gibson Les Paul 60s that I have for sale, and I also have a Fender Am Pro Strat that has needs some fret work. At this point, I'm REALLY tempted to get a 594 once the LP sells, and I'm contemplating selling the Strat instead of paying for the fretwork and getting a Silver Sky to replace it.

I know I'm likely still in the honeymoon stage with my CU24, and I shouldn't make any rushed decisions (I wont), but man that feeling is strong to go all in on PRS. I think the SE line punches far above its weight, it's quite shocking frankly.

Anyway, not much point to this thread other than I wanted to express these thoughts/feelings, and this seems like the right place to do it (my girlfriend certainly doesn't want to hear it! haha).

Anyone else lean pretty hard into PRS after discovering the brand?
Guitars purchased in chronological order.

1. Epiphone
2. Fender
3. Fender
4. Gibson
5. Ibanez
6. PRS
7. PRS
8. PRS
9. PRS
10. PRS
11. PRS

We know the feeling bro.

Definitely skipped a few but point made! lol

Last edited:
> Guitars [PRS= 15, G=1 , F=4, Others=8 ]; Amps [PRS=5 , others=3]

Point taken lol

I hope to try out an Archon 50 one day, they seem like a really solid amp.

Guitars purchased in chronological order.

1. Epiphone
2. Fender
3. Fender
4. Gibson
5. Ibanez
6. PRS
7. PRS
8. PRS
9. PRS
10. PRS
11. PRS

We know the feeling bro
I take this list as an inspiration:

1992: No name LP copy (but MiJ)
1995: Rockinger Rudvog
2000: Parker Fly Deluxe
2011: PRS 513 MT
2012: Max Mauluff Dentacaster (a friend of mine assembled this Strat copy for me based on a Legend/Aria body (with a swimming pool compartment), hand wound pickups)
2012: Ibanez RG 570 CTAM (sold 10 years later)
2013: Linus Custom Thinline 'Honey Amber' (custom made guitar)
2016: PRS SE Mark Holcomb
2020: Reverend Gristlemaster Greg Koch Signature
2021: Linus 'Red Scorpion' (custom made guitar)
2021: Peavey HP2 NOS
2022: Linus Paganini #007 (small series of a violin guitar by Austrian luthier Linus)
2023: PRS 513 RW

In terms of production line manufactured guitars PRS became my #1. Therefore I understand GAS being confronted with PRS instruments to a certain extent.
But ordering a custom made guitar at a small luthier bonds you different to an instrument.

I think its a LOT easier nowadays to go 'all-in' with PRS than 8yrs+ ago as they now have more 'direct' competition with the likes of Fender/Gibson rather than being somewhere 'inbetween'.

In 2016, they launched the 594 and whilst the 245 was similar, its layout was a bit different and now with the Silver Sky and NF53, they have great alternatives to LP's, Strats, Teles that make it 'easier' to get everything you may want/need from just 'PRS'. So if you look at their 'most' popular/famous models, PRS has an alternative. With the 594, HB, Silver Sky and NF53, you don't 'have' to buy a Gibson/Fender guitar.

At the end of the day though, its still individual choice but asking a PRS forum about buying more PRS guitars is likely to return a unanimous response of DO IT!! For many, the choice was 'simple' and why MANY own a variety of PRS models, and some, like myself, now only owns PRS (Electrics). However, everyone is unique so you'll still get some that want 'Gibson' on their LP or 'Fender' on their Strat too. You have to decide if that's 'right' for you as its you that will play them, own them etc.

It's not a 'wrong' thing to own multiple PRS rather than buying a variety of brands so I'd suggest trying them and you may well come to the 'same' conclusion as many here and main PRS guitars - or even just play PRS guitars exclusively....

To add, I only picked up a guitar about a year and a half ago. Was never interested in rock music, or guitar for that matter until recently. So I have no heroes, no influences, no nostalgia or brand loyalty coming in. I sang my whole life and did mixing and was always interested more in that than individual instruments. So when I decided to try and learn and started discovering different guitar brands, different sounds, etc, I went ALL IN. I tried to absorb as much as humanly possible, bought every model and brand of guitar I thought was interesting. All roads led me to PRS as my favorite brand at the end of the day. I still have several other brands that I will keep in my collection though. My Schecter C-1 SLS Elite with a sustainiac is one of my other go-to instruments. I also enjoy my JP6 from Music Man.

Back