Wiring for PRS custom SE

I don't see that would fit my guitar.

I’m not sure if there’s a suitable one there but there’s a 3 way blade with push pull wiring set there, will defer to someone who knows more to say if it’d be suitable.

Also found this thread here which may help

I’d find a trusted tech or luthier and pay to right what has been done wrong to that guitar. I’m not much into self wiring etc for 30yrs or so and even then it was botching together a humbucker in a £80 Strat replica, I’d not be comfortable in messing with the wiring on any of my SE but will be taking both for a full setup.

I couldn’t say to be honest, from the description probably but I wouldn’t recommend putting any old pots and wires into the guitar, I’d want quality pots and wiring or you’re asking for more trouble in my opinion.

It’s a PRS and I’d want it to be the best it can be, that’s just me however I’d always go with quality components.

Also I’d complain about the tech who did the work for you in the first place as clearly it seems sub standard and he doesn’t appear to have much if any knowledge of this type of setup.

He did trem setter install. Was kinda sloppy. But I'm taking money back for wiring. Have a couple more guitar to rewire but def not with him. I need to setup PRS correctly first. Pain.....

He did trem setter install. Was kinda sloppy. But I'm taking money back for wiring. Have a couple more guitar to rewire but def not with him. I need to setup PRS correctly first. Pain.....

Sorry brother it sounds like a pain, certainly a lesson but hopefully you’ll find some quality work that will bring your guitar back to where it should be!! Sorry I couldn’t be more help but best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

wrote to PRS see what they have to say. Mb will send it in.
If I knew what headache this would be, probably would bought new.

Dropped guitar off at guitar center today, they told me that they gonna fix out of charge, but since I've installed trem setter I can't return it. Which I didn't want to do anyways.

Dropped guitar off at guitar center today, they told me that they gonna fix out of charge, but since I've installed trem setter I can't return it. Which I didn't want to do anyways.

That’s great brother! Really hope when you get it back it’s renewed and singing like it should!

it's weird. I have 3-position switch, and it's working only as humbacker in the middle, the tech told me that push/pull knob(pot) can't be wired as a split for the coils. doesn't make sense to me.
Your pups have to be 4 wire, not two wire, for the split. Perhaps that was what he was talking about.

Your pups have to be 4 wire, not two wire, for the split. Perhaps that was what he was talking about.
tech at guitarcenter took a quick look. and said they are correct. but I'm not sure, I'm prepared for the worst. when he actually will gets to solder them will give me a call.
if those are not right? any recommendations to what they supposed to be? my quick search shows that they should be 85/15

Last edited:
Back