Wiring for PRS custom SE

arkeyn

Hi guys,

I recently bought PRS 2016 Custom SE Korean made with Floyd.

And while playing noticed that sound was kinda weird and had changed while I was playing. if that's the right word to put it. I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the current guitar. I have a 3-way switch with possibility to split coils. I'm not good at reading diagrams but can confidently use multimeter and solder no problem.
Can anybody point me in to the right direction how to check current wiring or has the currect wiring?

Would be greatly appreciated.

My wiring looks like this at the moment wiring

If I let guitar to sit for an hour and plug it back in the sound would be different, then while playing like for 30 min. the sound will change while I'm playing. what can it be?

The only thing I can think of that could change like that is possibly a bad capacitor. Anything else probably wouldn't reset when you leave the guitar set. If it were a loose wire it could change from vibration but I wouldn't expect that to change back from just setting. A capacitor could change with current running through it and bleed off when setting, even though there really isn't much current running through them in a guitar.

Taking it to a local tech, when I have my tremol-no setter arrived. Will post the result later.

it's weird. I have 3-position switch, and it's working only as humbacker in the middle, the tech told me that push/pull knob(pot) can't be wired as a split for the coils. doesn't make sense to me.

I want to. How to know who to trust and don't get charged a fortune for it?

I think prs sell them as drop ins, also who did the wiring alterations? They look (to me) much worse than the before shots.

Check here for wiring https://eu.prsaccessories.com/collections/electronics
I was stupid to trust to local tech, based on recommendation. Idk wtf did he do. but it seems worse now. push/pull doesn't do anything.
What's better to do? manage myself or send for service. I can't waste on wiring more than I paid for the guitar.
Kinda regret now, that I bought it used at guitarcenter.

I was stupid to trust to local tech, based on recommendation. Idk wtf did he do. but it seems worse now. push/pull doesn't do anything.
What's better to do? manage myself or send for service. I can't waste on wiring more than I paid for the guitar.
Kinda regret now, that I bought it used at guitarcenter.

I’d look around for a full pro setup, fixing the wiring and anything else to bring it back to life. Usually reputable guitar stores would have such services lot know trusted folk in the business to do it, else maybe ask here as someone maybe from close to you and know a good tech.

Back