Wiring for PRS custom SE

which ones used for american version then? can u buy them separately?
8515 currently comes in the core Cu24. I have 5909 in my Cu24 and prefer them. You can buy them separately.

The 5708 neck and 5909 bridge is my favorite combo.

Edit- Forgot you have the Floyd. The core Cu24 Floyd comes with Metal pickups. The DW Ce24 comes with tomahawks. Both absolutely kill and very versatile pickups.

Last edited:
I love a success story! Congrats brother! Wiring looks much better! Time to enjoy it!

Still have problem in loosing the tone overtime.
Seems like capacitors indeed needs to be swap out.
Looking to do it myself. Just don't know which ones to get.

Still have problem in loosing the tone overtime.
Seems like capacitors indeed needs to be swap out.
Looking to do it myself. Just don't know which ones to get.

An email to PRS customer services might get you a definitive answer. As specs may have changed in the last 8 years.

Cap1 is a treble bleed
Cap2 is a whatever .022 film cap

got reply from PRS CS :

The capacitor in the guitar only affects the taper of the tone pot, and I'm not sure how it would cause degrading "tone" in other circumstances.

If you'd like, you can simply replace the cap with one of similar value to confirm -- but I'm confident this is not the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

I've ordered some capacitors. will try to swap them out to see if they do anything.

I've ordered some capacitors. will try to swap them out to see if they do anything.
Depending on what result you are after, they will definitely do something. On the tone pot, changing the value of the cap can drastically change the range of your tone control. On the volume pot, it will affect the tone as you roll off the volume. I temporarily soldered wires extending out of the guitar body attached to alligator clips for my cap trials. Remember to use the cord and pedal setup that you intend to use live during the testing, because they have a big effect in relation to the caps due to their own inherent capacitance. Happy hunting.

Cap1 is a treble bleed
Cap2 is a whatever .022 film cap
if I understand correctly treble bleed is ceramic and should never go bad, on the other hand film capacitor might be the reason I experience these changes in sound.

if I understand correctly treble bleed is ceramic and should never go bad, on the other hand film capacitor might be the reason I experience these changes in sound.
Caps are cheap. If you think that's your issue swap them. I personally wouldn't take it to GC again for it. I wouldn't trust whatever they do and would start there to make sure it's right.

Caps are in mail, I will swap them out myself. But GC indeed did a good job rewiring. Just not feasible to go back. Can do it myself.

Back