If you could relive one day, which would it be and why?

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Jfb's thread about reliving one year got me thinking, and inspired me to start this one. So, if you could relive one day, excluding your wedding day or birth of a child, which would be at the top of the list for many of us, what is your favorite day and why?

My favorite day was in 2005 when my wife and I and one of our traveling buddies chartered a plane and flew from Marguarita Island, SA to Canaima National Park in the jungles of Venezuela . We flew over the Amazon River and past Angel Falls, the highest waterfall in the world in the heart of the land that time forgot. Canaima Park is like being on another planet.
DSC00520.jpg

viajes_a_venezuela_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Those pictures are incredible.

It's hard to narrow down one day for sure. I'd say the day of my first trip to PRS. It was a great. Seeing the factory and meeting the people was truly awesome. I also might have built a guitar...or two. :biggrin:

Off the top of my head.............................. Paying off my Mortgage. Seems like no matter how hard I tried (add $100 to making double payments), it just wouldn't happen. Got close on my 1st House, then the Wifey wanted to remodel in a big way. Then we wanted a bigger House. Then we built a new House. It's like you're chained to those Mofos for life ............ At least it felt that way to me. I will say that I went through a period (after paying it off) where it was very hard for me to get motivated at work. I have since found some other things to motivate though. I guess I am generally a bit lazy & have always needed something to motivate me. :laugh:

That's a tough question.

I thought about all of the really good days I've had, and I'd like to relive a lot of them. But, I think I'm going to saythat I'd like to relive a high school football game because I would like to change those days.

I came from a small school, so getting play time was never a problem, which is probably why I took it for granted. Looking back, though, and I understand the game better now, so I would be a better player. I would be able to maximize my effort instead of taking a play or two off, making me a better athlete. If I was able to learn from my prior mistakes, then I think having that opportunity again would me amazing.

If I couldn't change things, though, then I have to go back and think some more.

Our 1st day in Kyoto as a family. I had been to Japan several times before on my own but this was the first trip where I took my family. After I was done with my meetings in Tokyo we jumped on the Shinkansen and headed for Kyoto. We checked into a hotel in the Gion district.

As we were walking out of a hotel in Kyoto. My daughter (who was swarmed everywhere we went in Japan for her super white skin and curly red hair) was walking out of the hotel with us when a Geisha (yes, a real one) was walking in. They came face to face and my daughter (who was 3) was just speechless when she looked up. The Geisha stopped to look down at her (which is quite unusualy for a Geisha). They stared at each other for a few moments. My while my wife and I, standing back 10 feet or so, just watched the exchange in awe.

The Geish finally looked up at me as if to say "are you going to take a photo?" nut I just smiled and gestured a polite "thank you". A photo would never have accurately capture that moment. And I didn't want to be the ugly American who spoiled such a perfect moment by shoving a camera in her face.

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening walking through temples, eating takoyaki, and finally a back-alley noodle shop recommended by a local. It was a day I'll never forget. Perfect in every way. And it was just a hair better than this one day in Switzerland... :)

Mine was skiing in Steamboat about 18 years ago. It was clear and sunny in the AM, but by 11 or so a thick, snowy front engulfed the mountain and stayed the rest of the day. The powder depth was near 12" by 1, and we skied the rest of the day on a near empty powder covered mountain, without a care as to which run we were on, not even being to tell sometimes whether we were skiing down or diagonally, and no worries whether we hit even a ledge, as the pow was so soft and deep. Just as it hit 4 and the lifts started to close, the sun came out and we headed for happy hour. Epic!

I sat in rapids similar to that on a three day canoe trip once upon a time. The natural massage was awesome.

It is quiet hard to pick one day, but a few years ago at a race at indy some charity work was rewarded with a pit pass which let us get very close to many of the racers. I have photos of my wife with about half the grid. And we both got to do a couple of laps of the road course in an M6.

Day after Thanksgiving in 2000. That day I finally convinced my wife-to-be to go out with me.

... Mine would have to be October 6, 2006. My daughter Claire (first from my first marriage) had been sick at college. Didn't know (long story, but my ex and I weren't speaking and still aren't). She ended up in the ER and ultimately back at my ex's house. Why my ex never took her to the hospital for a second opinion I'll never know. 1200 miles away, I knew something wasn't right but I just didn't know what. Was it me turning 40? Two days later my 18 yo passed away in her sleep on her mothers couch from a septic infection. Never had a blood culture in the ER. They just assumed since half the school had been in with a viral "gastrointestinal" bug, she was no different.

Though the tears are less frequent, the pain is felt every day. If I could have been there for her, I feel there would have been a different outcome.

With out a doubt 9/11/01. I work about 5 blocks away from the WTC and experience all of the horror first hand....including losing a few friends and colleagues. I wish I could say there was a great day, other than the birth of my children (and my second marriange--definitely not the first :() to offset that one, but nothing has come close.

Back