If you could change one thing about a PRS you own, what would it be?

Or even a rosewood dowel.

Sand flat.

What I did for wood inlays on builds was take a plug cutter and scrap wood. Drill a hole in the fretboard with the same size bit. Put the plug in and sand.

Similar installation method but you can use whatever is laying around for dots. I've had good success with walnut in maple.

I would change the flight direction of the birds. They should fly UP not down!

That’s crazy I literally just ordered a charcoal satin Vela solid body tonight that I’m going for a similar vibe with. Black Bakelite pickguard, black screws, Harmonic Design Z90 pickups (black but with visible pole pieces), black Gibson-style speed knobs, ebony tuner knobs, and plain black anodized truss rod cover. Stealth mode.

I wish my SE 245 had a solid color finish. Most I've seen are made from three pieces of wood, with varying degrees of obvious joint lines and differences in wood grain. Mine is more on the severe end of being mismatched. I love the feel, sound and weight of the guitar but wish the front was more uniform in appearance.

My CE 24.
Wish it had full carve, recessed knobs, and didn’t drop out of tune so easily.
As well (speaking for myself), Abalone or Pearl birds on the newer CE’s. No tuning issues on either of my newer CE solid and semi. Btw it’s not the model/ manufacturer causing the tuning issue most of the time it’s the setup and beyond that most likely the nut. A good luthier can fix you up to cure that.

The one thing I would change, I did, pickups. Otherwise, honestly, it almost plays too easy. Especially when switching from a vintage style Strat, which I do frequently during shows.

I’d say make the S2/CE lines have the birds that the SE does. Never made sense to me why SE gets better birds than higher graded USA made . Isn’t it all plastic?

I’d also love more pattern/pattern regular/wide fats. Too many pattern thins with no other options (ie modern CE).

And this is nitpicking…but would it kill to put a cream switch tip on s2 594 that matches the pickup rings and tuners? Why stick to black?
I’m with you. It took awhile to find an S2 Standard 24 with a gloss finish and birds but I finally scored (2015 model). I love that thing.

I’d love to have BRZ necks on all of them, as much for the feel as anything else.

While we’re just wishing, I wonder what the 513 would sound like with five 635JM pickups in it. I love the neutral tone of the originals, and how they fit anything, but like @dmatthews said, I wonder what it would sound like with pickups at the other end of the tone-influence spectrum.

Finally, the NF3. I have something that they totally need to fix about this one. A tremendous screwup. What it really needs is to be put back into the current PRS catalog!
I feel ya. I’m still kicking myself for not buying the NF3 I nearly walked out with back when they were in stores!

After 3 weeks, I've decided I hate the push pull knob on my CE24. Not sure if it is possible yet to convert it to a mini for the coil split, but I'm hoping you can. Every time I need to pull it out with my banana fingers, I miss the down beat of the song wrestling with it! :eek:

After 3 weeks, I've decided I hate the push pull knob on my CE24. Not sure if it is possible yet to convert it to a mini for the coil split, but I'm hoping you can. Every time I need to pull it out with my banana fingers, I miss the down beat of the song wrestling with it! :eek:
Remove the knob and undo the nut. Go into the control cavity and loosen the tone knob. Remove one of the washers that is at the base of the shaft. Re-install it. You should have a tone pot now that sticks up at Least 0.5-1 mm higher. Makes it much easier to grab

Last edited:
Remove the knob and undo the nut. Go into the control cavity and loosen the tone knob. Remove one of the washers that is at the base of the shaft. Re-install it. You should have a tone pot now that sticks up at Least 0.5-1 mm higher. Makes it much easier to grab
Thanks, I'll try that!!!:)

Back