If You Could Relive One Year - Which Would It Be And Why?

Felix Pappalardi..Didnt he play Bass for Mountain? Flowers of Evil? I know he wore fur coats a lot..He was underrated IMO...

Felix Pappalardi was a producer at Atlantic Records before he formed Mountain as America's answer to Cream. He was fatally shot by his wife in 1983.

Hmm... well, from '86 to the 90's I was too young to remember.

Then there was grunge, and it couldn't have gotten any worse. Until there were boy bands and Britney Spears.

And then it was rap, and Nickelback.

And then somehow new Nickelback got even worse than old Nickelback. And that brings us to Justin Bieber, auto tune, Nicki Minaj, and Friday.

All that being said, I think I would have to regress dangerously close to my mother's womb to satisfy this thread.

I would have to say 1980..... Junior in high school, zero 'real' responsibilities, cool girlfriend, and just took life as it came, maybe the last time I can remember not having any stress at all, just living the dream :)

1975-- I lived in House Boat on Fire Island, NY. Made money by clamming the Great South Bay--about $50 a day (more than my dad made at the time). Would waste it all at bars and girls. Also played a lot of nude volley ball with them, little did they know I was a bit clumsy which is why they were always falling on top of me. Yeah, those where the days.

My first concert ever was Mountain. They played at Brooklyn College in 1973. Leslie West, Felix Pappalardi and Corky Lange. Awesome concert though it was weird that the opening act was Chick Corea.

2005. No question. I was in two great bands and did a lot of travelling both related to the bands and otherwise. There were something like 14 trips to the airport that year, none were work related. All were for pleasure. Musical highlights included opening for Queens of the Stone Age that year in front of 1000 people, headlining the Penny Arcade Expo in front of around 2000 people, (edit: we had a SXSW showcase that year too, "sold out" the venue of 250+ capacity, people lined up at the windows to see us). I spent time in the studio recording an album people actually bought, and wrote some songs that I still consider to be some of the best I've ever written. Also, spent a week on a very sparsely populated island in the Bahamas with my wife and some friends, skinny dipping, snorkeling and getting hammered. I was 28 years old, kids were still off in the distant future, and I worked full time through it all at a job that not only paid me enough money to enjoy everything without hurting for money, but also gave me enough vacation time to do everything I wanted.

Last edited:
Back