One Day, They'll Put Me Away, And I Need A Way Out.

One of my son's band's songs has a line I can relate to, and maybe we all can: "One day, they'll put me away, and I need a way out.."

I've interpreted this to mean put away in an old folks' nursing facility, as so often happens to those who've been 'lucky' enough to outlive their societal usefulness. :oops:

Ever since my recent hospitalization, I've been posting and checking the forum even more obsessively than usual. Why? I'm stuck 'taking it easy' while I regain my strength. Which is...boring. But I do need to rest up.

So I come here. I have nothing to contribute 99% of the time. This obsession's the result of my being as close to being 'put away' as I've ever been.

I need a way out!

I'm gonna take a break for a little bit. I'm only posting this so folks don't think I dropped dead.

You'll just have to wait for the party on that one. ;)
I'm sorry I missed this important thread. That's what I get for not being more frequent here. First of all, Les, you're 100% wrong about having nothing to contribute 99% of the time. You can say more in one sentence than many can say in a paragraph.

I hope your recovery is speedy and complete.

When I lived out West, I rode motorcycles and would joke that if I ever needed "a way out" I'd take the bike on a mountain twisty and forget to lean. Now I'd like another bike, but I made the mistake of telling that story to my wife. Another bike? No way! :(

But, the way we humans continue to abuse our ever-expanding knowledge and power, maybe none of us will need to worry about anything. :) So, I'm trying to live more in the moment. Sometimes I succeed.

God bless you, Les, you are one of the heroes on this site.

I'm sorry I missed this important thread. That's what I get for not being more frequent here. First of all, Les, you're 100% wrong about having nothing to contribute 99% of the time. You can say more in one sentence than many can say in a paragraph.

I hope your recovery is speedy and complete.

When I lived out West, I rode motorcycles and would joke that if I ever needed "a way out" I'd take the bike on a mountain twisty and forget to lean. Now I'd like another bike, but I made the mistake of telling that story to my wife. Another bike? No way! :(

But, the way we humans continue to abuse our ever-expanding knowledge and power, maybe none of us will need to worry about anything. :) So, I'm trying to live more in the moment. Sometimes I succeed.

God bless you, Les, you are one of the heroes on this site.
Geez, if only I could live up to that accolade! Thanks!

I got 1.8 miles in today (just checked on my car odometer because I was curious) when I walked. It's a course I often walked before I had the problem arise. I used to do it in a half hour.

There are lots of fairly substantial hills in my area, so I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and went slowly. It took 45 minutes today.

Beats a sharp stick in the eye!
I am watching for a guy matching this description walking my cul de sac. Some strangers might wonder why they’re being invited in for lemonade and loud amps….

Back