I Think I’m A Size Queen Now.

sergiodeblanc

I’ve been playing the West Streets, Santana, and KL33 so much lately that I think I can’t go back.

I grabbed one of my (old) favorite guitars with a W/T neck for band practice and noticed how uncomfortable I’ve become with the smaller necks. Cramping and fatigue... my thumb feeling like it’s on fire...I think I’ve turned a corner.

Problem is, I have a small pile of guitars that have smaller necks than I like. Anyone else find themselves gravitating towards bigger necks? What’d you do with the skinny ones?

For me, the skinny ones are all gone*! My SE One is borderline since it is way on the skinny side of Wide/Fat, but it's just too badass to put down.

*I still have my SE-7, which is very flat on the back, but that thing is a different beast and mainly just a toy for me anyway.

Yep, I’m in the same boat. My thumb cramps badly on thinner necks. All my guitars are W/F, Pattern or Pattern Vintage now, except for Miss Pernie, which is Pattern Regular. The struggle is real! But I can’t bear to sell that one! Paul even signed the case with a huge signature for me at a meet and great :).

I bought Grissom’s TrueFire course to work on the thumb over the top of the fretboard with that guitar in particular. The tone is KILLER after all. But I have considered selling it more than once.

Wide thin is my least favorite. My first PRS has it. I can’t play it as long as my WF necks. I get some hand cramping with it after extended playing. I like the regular profile on my NF3 too. I can’t sell my first PRS under any circumstance though. Wish I would’ve got the WF, but it is what it is.

I’ve been playing the West Streets, Santana, and KL33 so much lately that I think I can’t go back.

I grabbed one of my (old) favorite guitars with a W/T neck for band practice and noticed how uncomfortable I’ve become with the smaller necks. Cramping and fatigue... my thumb feeling like it’s on fire...I think I’ve turned a corner.

Problem is, I have a small pile of guitars that have smaller necks than I like. Anyone else find themselves gravitating towards bigger necks? What’d you do with the skinny ones?
Of course, I keep it. Notice I said ‘it’, as in, one. The Strats don’t count, because they came about when I didn’t know any better. But WT is not my first choice now. Back in the day, there was no option - that I knew of - so I got what every Custom 24 came with. I play it a lot these days, but my real love is for fatter profiles. Don’t know about the Santana since I don’t have one. :p

Of course, I keep it. Notice I said ‘it’, as in, one. The Strats don’t count, because they came about when I didn’t know any better. But WT is not my first choice now. Back in the day, there was no option - that I knew of - so I got what every Custom 24 came with. I play it a lot these days, but my real love is for fatter profiles. Don’t know about the Santana since I don’t have one. :p

Just replying to say, I'm not even going to say anything

Wide thin is my least favorite. My first PRS has it. I can’t play it as long as my WF necks. I get some hand cramping with it after extended playing. I like the regular profile on my NF3 too. I can’t sell my first PRS under any circumstance though. Wish I would’ve got the WF, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I can’t sell my first either. It’s the other ones I’m mildly contemplating letting go... maybe..

Aw, I thought this was gonna be a diva thread, or, at the very least, talking about a new bra size.

Different forum for that thread.

I like both. I get a little cramping if playing a long time on a W/T but that's just an excuse to pull out another guitar with a W/F for a while...

Back