I Think I’m A Size Queen Now.

Well it's 18 degrees in the Nati this morning so the shirt, and the sweater, are definitely staying on for now.

And remember not to say that to the ladies.

In that case, try to stay warm, dry, hydrated, and healthy. I usually bundle up and bring water to my gym, where there is still a modicum of sanity. Also, several unmarried people there with which one can speak without fear of reprisal or rejection.

In that case, try to stay warm, dry, hydrated, and healthy. I usually bundle up and bring water to my gym, where there is still a modicum of sanity. Also, several unmarried people there with which one can speak without fear of reprisal or rejection.
Well, I don't want to interfere with your moves at the gym, but remember NOT to tell the ladies to keep their shirt on. Not that you should tell them to take it off either. Maybe you should just leave their shirts out of the conversation. And pants. Shoes are fine though. And leg warmers. Sweat bands, OK.

We're only 65 posts into the thread, so I feel like I can address the original topic...

My first PRS was a CU24, with W/T neck. I loved it. I have relatively small hands, so it works for me. Since then, I have acquired PRSi in a variety of neck profiles. They all play great, and somehow my hands have adapted to each profile just fine. But I suspect most of my recent acquisitions have been W/F (or the new "Pattern") profiles. So maybe I should go play my CU24 (and/or my SAS with what I measured to be a "Regular" neck) for a while, and see if I find it uncomfortable after a typical gig duration (3 hrs).

Well, I don't want to interfere with your moves at the gym, but remember NOT to tell the ladies to keep their shirt on. Not that you should tell them to take it off either. Maybe you should just leave their shirts out of the conversation. And pants. Shoes are fine though. And leg warmers. Sweat bands, OK.

No, like some, I'm in no hurry towards "hooking up" or searching for a relationship. Am just a relatively happy, not married guy. Patience is key when making friends, while being unmarried allows me the freedom to be selective regards female friendships. I usually dress warmly and only change clothes if the clothes might be wet from outdoor activity.

The gym is where people can work out their tensions and daily frustrations, while promoting good health. A lot of us are put off by the general craziness in life that I often hear about. IMHO, if folks would work towards better preventive health they'd not need medical treatment as much. Simple things like diet, exercise, good hygiene and adequate sleep can cover a range of topics that anyone can do, young, old, single, married, rich or poor. This type of mindset is impartial towards all.

It's one of the things I've resolved in my heart to do next year, because with advancing age, if you don't use it, you lose it. Would prefer to strengthen what's there, not necessarily build muscle, just tone and strengthen, perhaps regain the six-pack abs. Lose the beer belly. So my clothes can fit again, and that necktie one of my friends is going to try to give me this year can be received with a smile.

Everybody has there thing. Most people are looking for their sound, of course. For me it’s the neck. The way it feels.
Lots of good comments here

Anyone else find themselves gravitating towards bigger necks?
I went down that road a few years ago with all brands. It kinda became a means to an end for me though, represented by the big neck to end all big necks, the feared 'Neck-zilla'!

Don't get me wrong ,,, it is probably the most beautiful flamed maple neck I've ever seen and came on a killer Fender CS Tele, but after trying to convince myself that I need gargantuan necks, I finally accepted that I met my match with this behemoth, and had to admit that there is such a thing as 'too big'.

PS ... if you're in the market for a killer CS tele with a beyond Nocaster neck ... buzz me. ;)

Last edited:
Back