Neck Shape/Model Recommendations For a Thinner Neck

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by phoenixbt, Oct 24, 2021.

1. phoenixbt

phoenixbt New Member

I can’t make it to a store right now to try some options, so I’m hoping those with some experience might be able to help here.

I’m looking add a 2nd PRS to the collection - leaning towards a DGT. I currently have a McCarty 594 which I love, but am looking for something to cover some different sounds (more single coil) and ideally with a trem. I’ve been having some wrist pain lately and the larger neck on the 594 has been harder to play. My other guitars are mainly strats and the 60’s carves seem to be a bit better right now for me.

Compared to the pattern vintage, what are some good options? Would the DGT be a good in between/smaller than the 594? Or any other recommendations on models to look at based on this?

Thanks for the help!

2. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

Regular pattern is smaller as is pattern thin.

claythomas, dogrocketp and dmatthews like this.
  3. phoenixbt

phoenixbt New Member

Thanks! Where does the DGT fall into when compared with those?

dogrocketp likes this.
  4. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

5. SamIV

SamIV New Member

I own a 98 CE24 that has the wide thin neck that is sweet. Also just picked up a S2 Single Cut Semi - Hollow that has the Pattern Regular neck. It is thicker from the fretboard to the back of the neck, but a little thinner from side to side. I find it quite comfortable. Also have an SE Tremonti Custom that is thinnest of all. But I do prefer the CE24 the best. I’m too tight to have any experience with the DGT.

#5 SamIV, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    dogrocketp likes this.