Neck Shape/Model Recommendations For a Thinner Neck

phoenixbt

I can’t make it to a store right now to try some options, so I’m hoping those with some experience might be able to help here.

I’m looking add a 2nd PRS to the collection - leaning towards a DGT. I currently have a McCarty 594 which I love, but am looking for something to cover some different sounds (more single coil) and ideally with a trem. I’ve been having some wrist pain lately and the larger neck on the 594 has been harder to play. My other guitars are mainly strats and the 60’s carves seem to be a bit better right now for me.

Compared to the pattern vintage, what are some good options? Would the DGT be a good in between/smaller than the 594? Or any other recommendations on models to look at based on this?

Thanks for the help!

I own a 98 CE24 that has the wide thin neck that is sweet. Also just picked up a S2 Single Cut Semi - Hollow that has the Pattern Regular neck. It is thicker from the fretboard to the back of the neck, but a little thinner from side to side. I find it quite comfortable. Also have an SE Tremonti Custom that is thinnest of all. But I do prefer the CE24 the best. I’m too tight to have any experience with the DGT.

Last edited:
Back