How's This For Irrelevant To This Site: College Football?

Go Irish!
ND is the epitome of what’s wrong with college sports. It was basically the first team to have its own TV network, NBC. (I’m being facetious of course) Well I guess you could also include ESPN’s goo goo eyed infatuation with the SEC. These team’s crazy deals with the networks started this crazy downward spiral. :p

In my younger days, I played a lot of college soccer. There was a lot of attention from girls, I dated a cheerleader captain. I planned to go on to professional sports after graduating from college.

Oh, I was a babe magnet in college. I blame my irresistible charm and good looks.

"Only in your own mind, dude."

"Tut, tut, my good man. Women chased me down the street!"

"Maybe you shouldn't have snatched their purses."

Snatching purses is a lot like playing running back. You take an animal skinned object from another, tuck in your arm and run like hell to avoid being tackled from behind. Don’t ask me how I know.
While it would be a big coincidence, if you are the guy who tried that with my wife a few years ago, you know it often doesn't end well. :)

Whew, that's good! Then I don't have to ask if you're ok. :D
My question:

Is Cincinnati named for Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus, the Roman leader who was held up as the paragon of virtue because he stepped down from leading Rome and retired to his farm, like George Washington?

Asking because I'm in touch with him via my Ouija board, and he's curious.

My question:

Is Cincinnati named for Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus, the Roman leader who was held up as the paragon of virtue because he stepped down from leading Rome and retired to his farm, like George Washington?

Asking because I'm in touch with him via my Ouija board, and he's curious.
the senator who invented putting chili on spaghetti noodles?

Chili on spaghetti? Maybe spaghetti on chili, like u know... And yes, Notre Dame was one of the first teams to have its TV network with NBC, which has undoubtedly contributed to the school's popularity and success in football. And there is no denying that many college sports teams have made lucrative deals with television networks, changing the landscape of college sports. But it's important to remember that college sports have also brought many people a lot of joy and inspiration, both on and off the court. Basketball, for example, has provided a platform for many talented athletes, such as LeBron James, to showcase their skills and inspire others. I read on https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/the-g-o-a-t-debate-lebron-james-is-better-than-michael-jordan/ about the debate in essay samples about who is better, Lebron James or Michael Jordan. And for college students, sports can be a great source of pride and community, bringing people together in a shared passion for their school and their team. So while there may be some downsides to how college sports are funded and marketed, it's important to remember the positive impact these sports can have on individuals and communities. And who knows, the next LeBron James or star college athlete is ready to inspire and uplift others through their talents and hard work.

Last edited:
Back