How much money do you have tied up in your gear?

What's your estimate of the total amount you have spent on your current/largest amount of gear?

• Total voters
You guys are all crazy, but in a good way. AP, I love the fact you're in the middle of the road with 14 PRS guitars and 5 amps in your signature :)

I guess I represent the stalls, which is likely a good chunk of their market; came into this middle aged, never going to gig, percolated up from off brand to SE, S2 and core.

Love DC, SC and Stypes, so will continue to have 1 of each in the house and plan is for just the models change with time, percolating upwards, although I love what I got.
For a home user the helix type amp solutions are epic value, save a bunch of money there.

For a long time I was under $5000. Then I got a Silver Sky and now my two acoustics and two electrics are in the $5500 neighborhood and that low only because an accounting error gave me a $900 strat for $140 a couple years ago. I reported the error as I should have, but it was never corrected. It was my #1 until the Silver Sky relegated it to backup duty. And my 2 small amp’s and a few pedals are close to another grand.

I spent considerably more in the process of figuring out what I liked and didn’t like this time around (I played as a kid, all but stopped for about 30 years, then started again a few years ago), but that’s what I have in my current setup. Way closer to 5 than 10, but clearly more than 5 now. Even with the experimenting and losing $$ on selling the rejects, I’m probably still well below $10K spent overall.

Last edited:
You guys are all crazy, but in a good way. AP, I love the fact you're in the middle of the road with 14 PRS guitars and 5 amps in your signature :)

I guess I represent the stalls, which is likely a good chunk of their market; came into this middle aged, never going to gig, percolated up from off brand to SE, S2 and core.

Love DC, SC and Stypes, so will continue to have 1 of each in the house and plan is for just the models change with time, percolating upwards, although I love what I got.
For a home user the helix type amp solutions are epic value, save a bunch of money there.

I'm also in the middle-of-the-road it's a pretty safe place to be as said before spent 20,000 maybe it's worth 12,000. Safely in the middle-of-the-road where you can rationalize to your wife......
FgPp05j.jpg

Most of my gear is 30 years old, so about £50!

The SE 245 was a kind gift, so my estimate stands!

Just in case anybody can’t remember how pleased and grateful I am -

This pic would be much more effective in conveying that emotion, if you had perhaps pee'd your pants or something. If I had photo editing skills, I'd fix that for ya.

Back