How much money do you have tied up in your gear?

What's your estimate of the total amount you have spent on your current/largest amount of gear?

• Total voters
I answered the poll. I am sure that like others, when I put addition to the actual gear, I will be depressed at how much I have spent over the yrs. on gear that stopped making me money over a decade ago. I was always one that felt that a gear purchase was offset by the earn it made while playing gigs. Now, according to my math, I'm stupid with gear.

Seriously... WTF else am I gonna spend my money on that’s gonna bring me more enjoyment?

My money isn’t “tied up” in gear, it has been rescued from other lame expenses.

Agree 100%

It’s not tied up...I mean...I could always sell it.
I’m not going too but I could...
I just think of it as a retirement account that I’m not going to live long enough to spend. It’ll be my kid’s problem....Unless I become demented and they sell it to pay for my nursing home.

Agree 100%

I just think of it as a retirement account that I’m not going to live long enough to spend. It’ll be my kid’s problem....Unless I become demented and they sell it to pay for my nursing home.
I don’t really want it to become my kids problem, so I will endeavour to trim before they have to. The challenge is how long I can continue to get value from it. I still get value from everything I’ve played this year, which is most of what I own.

I don’t really want it to become my kids problem, so I will endeavour to trim before they have to. The challenge is how long I can continue to get value from it. I still get value from everything I’ve played this year, which is most of what I own.

I think I’m going to need a drool cup to keep the spit off my guitars, because I doubt I’ll realize when it’s time to hang up the spikes and retire from playing!

For now, I’m still actually making a living with the help of my gear, a fact that is kind of amazing to me after so many years. Just did another couple of ads for F-150 that I played the Soapy 594 and the DG30 on.

The tone turned out pretty darn good, I must say!

please bring the wall of amps to the nursing home.

Agree 100%

Ummm... define ‘gear’.

I want to make sure that I provide an accurate answer.

Ach get it added up lassie!;)

What is this "sneaky nuts" that you speak of?

Search YouTube “Inbetweeners” fashion show! Do not have coffee (or any other fluid/solid) in your mouth when you watch it! You have been warned.

Sheeee-iddd......Looks like I am low end middle of the road on this. But, I have about all I "need". Now, I can't say that I have all I "want".

Don’t worry KB, we’re the “church mice” of the forum!

But brother can we rock?!!;)

I see we have some pranksters changing their votes... ;)

All of this reminds me that once I swore I'd never spend $1000 on a guitar... How wrong I was!

Of course I was in college and had about $20/week of pocket money. Don't miss those days!

When I was in college, a Les Paul (US made) cost about $500-600. Sounds cheap, but to put that in perspective, I bought a brand new Firebird 400 for $2800, cash. So it’s all relative.

My college band played 2-3 gigs a weekend, and we were well paid! I usually netted $100-200 a week playing. For a college student, I was livin’ large! ;)

When I was in college, a Les Paul (US made) cost about $500-600. Sounds cheap, but to put that in perspective, I bought a brand new Ford Model T for $2800, cash. So it’s all relative.

My college band played 2-3 gigs a weekend, and we were well paid! I usually netted $100-200 a week playing. For a college student, I was livin’ large! ;)

Fixed

Back