How cold it is where you are?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't generally more mild in Tasmania than it is on the mainland?
Yep you're right, we're closer to Antartica/further away from the equator so it's generally cooler here than on the mainland (you even used the right term, "mainland"!). We had a crazy heatwave here last week, it was hot everywhere in the country (hottest on record). Climate scientists are saying it's a result of global warming, but that's a whole other thread that shouldn't be started!

Probably can't talk about the extinction of the Tasmanian Tiger without getting political either, but I always found this to be one of the most unusual and exotic animals known to man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably can't talk about the extinction of the Tasmanian Tiger without getting political either, but I always found this to be one of the most unusual and exotic animals known to man.

Wow man, blows me out that you know about this! Do you know much about the Tasmanian Aboriginals? (ok slight derail now, sorry to the OP!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got woke up by my next door neighbour franticly banging out our front door, one of their water pipes has frozen and burst so now they have an indoor lake! Luckily I was around to be able to turn the water off for them!

Yep you're right, we're closer to Antartica/further away from the equator so it's generally cooler here than on the mainland (you even used the right term, "mainland"!). We had a crazy heatwave here last week, it was hot everywhere in the country (hottest on record). Climate scientists are saying it's a result of global warming, but that's a whole other thread that shouldn't be started!

Yeah, I had friends in Adelaide (I lived there for two years) reporting 47 degrees last week! I did have the displeasure to experience 46 when I was there. An extra degree certainly wouldn't be welcome.

Now the forecast says we're supposed to get snow tomorrow afternoon. :mad:

Whoo! We're back to gloating weather in the Phoenix area.

JanuaryWeather_zps9bdd16d1.jpg

Woke up this morning around 5am and it was -10F and wind chill approaching -25F. I hate Wisconsin winters.

Back