How cold it is where you are?

it has been around -15C to -20C the last few days, toss in the wind chill factor and easy -30C

Today a bit warmer at -11C with wind chill -18C. There are snow banks here taller then I am and for us its only early winter yet. Another 15cm on the way tonight on our side, east coast of newfoundland tonight is getting another 30cm

On the 11th of Jan there was a big storm on the island. For the first time in the near 40 years I have been here we lost power for 12 hours. Thats a big problem when its cold like this. Most newer home are all electric heat so we get in trouble with no power. I think the east coast got 50cm with 110kph winds that night.

For us here, its common to get 5 to 10cm of snow per day, and 100kph winds are very common these days for some reason. Our winter start usually last week of October but nothing really stays on the ground until December. Late Dec to early March its just constant snow everyday. Around here you need a Honda snowblower if your in the higher area's and expect to use it 2-3 times per snowy day

Last edited:
A crappy, freezing, intolerable 9 degrees fahrenheit at 6:15 AM when I walked my dog...... wishing I was back under the covers..... but miserable with the knowledge that in 25 minutes I'd be driving to go to work.

Kudos to all of you who are lucky enough to work out of your house.

I live on the east coast of the island. Right now it's 16F. Here's a pic of my front door after the storm you mentioned.

DSC_0257_zps210a5709.jpg

it has been around -15 to -20 the last few days, toss in the wind chill factor and easy -30

Today a bit warmer at -11 with wind chill -18. There are snow banks here taller then I am and for us its only early winter yet. Another 15cm on the way tonight on our side, east coast of newfoundland tonight is getting another 30cm

On the 11th of Jan there was a big storm on the island. For the first time in the near 40 years I have been here we lost power for 12 hours. Thats a big problem when its cold like this. Most newer home are all electric heat so we get in trouble with no power. I think the east coast got 50cm with 110kph winds that night.

For us here, its common to get 5 to 10cm of snow per day, and 100kph winds are very common these days for some reason. Our winter start usually last week of October but nothing really stays on the ground until December. Late Dec to early March its just constant snow everyday. Around here you need a Honda snowblower if your in the higher area's and expect to use it 2-3 times per snowy day

About -30C (-22F) this time of year, but it can get as cold as -45C (-49F) sometimes.
We've had a warmer period now with between -20 to -30C (-4 to -22F)

72 right now. Howver, we are expecting rain this weekend for those of you traveling to NAMM.

I live on the east coast of the island. Right now it's 16F. Here's a pic of my front door after the storm you mentioned.

DSC_0257_zps210a5709.jpg

yeah you guys got hit pretty good but it could have been worse. Good ole fashioned Winter for us so far. Something we have not seen in years. Good to see another Newfie on board!

-43 degrees Celsius here with the windchill. The car started onthe second try, but it was no good as the e brake was frozen. I rode the bus instead.

Gotta Love TX...
Tomorrow in Austin is forcast at 80....
At the Beach in Port Aransas....84! Since the weekend is looking like mid 70s, Im thinking a February surf day is on the table......

Gotta Love TX...
Tomorrow in Austin is forcast at 80....
At the Beach in Port Aransas....84! Since the weekend is looking like mid 70s, Im thinking a February surf day is on the table......

Not quite this good, but 70 in DFW this morning at 8:00. Not bad for January!

Back