Guitarists everyone else loves, but you think, "meh."

Harveymandel.jpg
Harvey Mandel would be a worthy mention over on the underrated guitarists thread. Man, that fuzz tone he got on “Baby Batter”!

Just saw this thread - guitarists most people like, but you do not - what immediately comes to mind is: John Mayer (that voice, argh), Joe Bonamassa - I watched a ton a v ideos and keep hoping to hear something great, but it never happens - Kirk Hammit- he tries really hard, and has a few signature licks, but seems like no sense of feel or rythym, lead style I feel is univentive and well, boring. Oh, and Clapton. Never like Nugent. When Yngwie plays blues, I love him. For real. Great blues player.

Just saw this thread - guitarists most people like, but you do not - what immediately comes to mind is: John Mayer (that voice, argh), Joe Bonamassa - I watched a ton a v ideos and keep hoping to hear something great, but it never happens - Kirk Hammit- he tries really hard, and has a few signature licks, but seems like no sense of feel or rythym, lead style I feel is univentive and well, boring. Oh, and Clapton. Never like Nugent. When Yngwie plays blues, I love him. For real. Great blues player.
hmmmm

Back