Forum-Induced Purchases

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Just curious, how many of you out there have purchased a PRS Guitar or amp as a direct result of information or discussions posted on our forum?

e.g. I joined shortly after purchasing my first SE Santana in late 2011, and found out first about the Signature Limited from forum discussions...at which point I immediately began hunting one down and found the right one and bought it.

As this is a constant source of GAS for me personally, I would attribute at least 50% of my purchases over the past two years to PRS Forum-induced GAS. My harem would certainly look a lot different without you fine folks...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So Mods, please ignore those emails from Mrs. Cantankerous asking to delete my account ;)

So weigh in if you've bought something PRS because of us!

I can't remember exactly, but I think I did read through so many forums before shooting for a PRS. But then, I also had PRS in mind already, as the frontman of my favourite band at that time, rocked PRS guitars. I loved their sound and I loved the PRS's exotic look even more. I was already swayed when I started digging through threads. I just enjoy reading these stuff. After hearing lots of praises about how PRSes are of higher quality than a certain G brand guitars, I went hunting and found my very first PRS, the SE Custom 24.

Not something I typically do. Not to say that forums don't spur my purchases, because they 100% do. I'm usually a research guy, go try it out. Think to myself...1) do I get the magic vibe? 2) will it fill a specific need for me?
The Archon is one of the few things I've put my $ down right out of the gate because of forum hype. I was worried too, but I'm happy I did because I'm really digging that amp a lot.

So far, this forum hasn't sold me a guitar. But have you been to the Experience? That's where they really put the whammy on you! The correlation year-to-year between attending the Experience and me buying a PRS is 100% perfect!

In reality, PRS's reputation for quality and my experience with that quality greased the path for this, but there are a couple things I've bought without really trying first because of talk on the forum.

The PRS two-channel C - I didn't get a chance to play one at Experience when these were brought out, and I'm not sure I even heard one. But all the talk about how great they sounded got to me, and when one of the first 20 accidentally showed up at Martin Music, I jumped on it. The clean channel was all that was described. No regrets.

The 408 - forum talk had me gassing for one, and when I saw them at Experience, I was able to hold one but not plug it in. The fact that it was finished on my birthday put it over the top, but it was one I hadn't heard. It's my #1 right now.

There are a couple other things that I want strictly based on forum feedback - Archon, \m/ pickups - but again, w/o the quality history of PRS, I'd be hesitant to order things sight unseen.

I'm feeling a pull towards the new Zach Meyers, totally induced to look by reading these forums. I may not have even glanced at it otherwise. First i have to finish paying off the Tremonti i just bought. :p

If it wasn't for the generosity and encouragement of the fine members of this (and other PRS) forums I'd still be rocking two PRS.

My First USA PRSi was all me :) ( now belongs to Sergio )
After that I was lead down a dark path by these PRS forums ( and now there are 5 )

My therapist tells me not to speak of these things. I've lost count anyway. :top:

Just a forum TRC so far. The dust still hasn't settled on the purchase of my first PRS guitar, so I don't want to press my luck. When I pointed out to my wife how my new CU22 showed how crappy my amp was, she told me that there was a 30-day return policy on the guitar . . . Woman plays hardball.

I'm still trying to figure out, now that I'm actually starting to go out to play with other people, how to tell her that I need an SE because my CU22 is too nice to play out.

Who me? When I joined this forum, I had one PRS guitar, a 2011 Custom 24. Since joining, I added a 2012 Experience 2 channel H amp and cabinet, a 2012 408 MT, a 2012 Experience P22, an HXDA amp, and most recently, a 2013 Paul's Guitar.

none. the prs's i own, except for my first one, i've all had in mind already, BUT info i've additionally learned on the prs forums have helped solidify my decisions. so directly no, but indirectly, yes. (or something like that)

Since the inception of THIS Forum? I've resisted. But due to BaM and the old PRS Forum, Oy Vey! :eek:

When I pointed out to my wife how my new CU22 showed how crappy my amp was, she told me that there was a 30-day return policy on the guitar . . . Woman plays hardball.

Reminds me of something my wife would say.

I've learned to play it a little closer to the vest over the years. ;)

Back