Favorite band (and top 3 guitar player)

It's always impossible for me to choose a favorite band and guitarist. If I had to pick one guitarist it would be Mick Mars. Hearing his tone back in '86 made me start saving my allowance and mowing neighbors lawns to buy my first guitar. I always loved that you could always hum his solos and that they were memorable to me. He was never a shred demon like other players back in the the 80s but always tried adding to a song rather than making a flashy personal statement. To this day I still love that huge guitar tone of his.

It's always impossible for me to choose a favorite band and guitarist. If I had to pick one guitarist it would be Mick Mars. Hearing his tone back in '86 made me start saving my allowance and mowing neighbors lawns to buy my first guitar. I always loved that you could always hum his solos and that they were memorable to me. He was never a shred demon like other players back in the the 80s but always tried adding to a song rather than making a flashy personal statement. To this day I still love that huge guitar tone of his.

I’m not really a Crue fan but... Shout At The Devil was huge! And is about 90% of a perfect album.

I’m not really a Crue fan but... Shout At The Devil was huge! And is about 90% of a perfect album.
That's the album that made me want a guitar. The album they did with John Corabi is also killer. In my opinion their 2nd best after Shout At The Devil.

Back