Explain Your Handle Thread

watelessness

Hans and I were chatting this morning and could not find a thread for explaining handles.

mine is a play on spelling, but it means that if the sound pressure is high enough, you will feel weightless.

Mine? My parents started calling me Tim years back.... just kind of stuck!!

AP is for Average Player. The numbers are the code to the locks on my PRS cases that use codes (an no I don't have to kill you now that I told you).

A long time ago, I took mine and all my brothers names and made aliases for our XBOX Live gamertags. Elryt Namrogo is my name scrambled,Tyler Gorman...but I kinda cheated and used the original Irish last name "O'Gorman" to have the extra "o" at the end.

Last edited:
um...

RedGear4.JPG

Prior to the old un-offical PRS forum morphing into the Gear Page, I used my real name on all of the forums.

When the official forum and VR took over, I went back under cover - there are some nutty people in the world...

Last edited:
I go by my real first name on all the forums I am on.
Unfortunately Corey was taken here and a few other sites, so I had to add "T" to it for the first letter in my last name.

Mine is a little more... umm, difficult to explain. In high-school my friend had this ex-girlfriend who was a total c@#t, so we started calling her sekunda-c@#t. We then wrote a song about her in my metal band and called it Sekunda. It just kinda stuck with me ever since...

I'm not only a MEGADETH fan but I also find great humor in the stories of space aliens and government conspiracy theories.

I was working in sales at a bank in Delaware when my boss gave me the nickname. I helped a lot of my team members out on an informal basis, and the manager started talking about how I kept the team together. So he nicknamed me Bobby Digital after a music producer (the RZA) - even though no one else knew what he was talking about. That was quickly shortned to Bobby D for ease of use.

Garrett is my middle name, and the name most people call me. I have no creativity when it comes to screen names. I don't bother to capitalize the "g" out of pure laziness.

Saruman the melodic wizard

saruman.jpg

(Hmm I actually need this picture with Saruman holding a metallic red Santana :laugh:)

I first read Lord of the Rings in '78. Then, mid '80s when I started programming VIC20 and Commodore 64, I created a start screen for my little programs that read "Saruman Softronics". I liked the alliteration, and I thought the good-turned-evil wizard was more interesting than the good wizard. (And besides, the name Gandalf was slightly tainted a bit in Holland because of some sort of erotic magazine from the '70s).
Then I started gaming, and I used the handle Saruman; my mailserver uses domain saruman.biz; most of my forum and wiki handles are Saruman or variants thereof. And of course there's the satisfaction of naming my smartphone "Palantír" etc.

Mine is a little more... umm, difficult to explain. In high-school my friend had this ex-girlfriend who was a total c@#t, so we started calling her sekunda-c@#t. We then wrote a song about her in my metal band and called it Sekunda. It just kinda stuck with me ever since...

Love it! Brutal!

I'm not only a MEGADETH fan but I also find great humor in the stories of space aliens and government conspiracy theories.

Big fan here too....there are a few Metal Heads on here....but everyone on this forum is cool.

I have had mine since I was on AOL in the 80s
One of my great loves in life ( Riding )
and when I was born 12/60

My name is John. When I bought my 1st PRS and signed up for BaM, I was playing in a band called Chief Beef. I also like to eat beef and I like beefy guitar tones, and John Beef has a nice ring to it too.

Back