End of an era...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjbebop

Yippy ki yay...
First Les can't physically play anymore and talks about selling off his guitars, now Sergio just up and leaves....
This place will certainly not be the same...
I know that "all things change", but sometimes it's just sad...

I don't think Les has given up just yet, unless I've missed something, but he does have some nice axes mmm ...:);)

As long as we celebrate and continue the welcoming, positive, helpful tone they (and others) set then the Spirit Carries On (in the words of Dream Theater).

I have continually been impressed with this forum and its denizens.

But maybe that's b/c we're all doctors and lawyers, right? :p

Right :D

10.jpg

Reactions: jay

Good thing I'm on mute on this conference call. I'm tee-heeing loudly as I sit here in my basement in sweats and fuzzy slippers!

I don't think Les has given up just yet, unless I've missed something, but he does have some nice axes mmm ...:);)

I haven't given up. Had a second EMG today, am having surgery this month, and I'm told there's a good chance of clinical improvement. So I'm looking forward to getting it done and starting the recovery process.

My son turned down my offer of giving him my guitars with a "hang in there." So...I'm taking his advice.

There has been ebb and flow in who the active people are before and there always will be. We have a big enough community that the tone might shift a little bit, but we still have common interests and a pretty good sense of how to deal with each other.

I haven't given up. Had a second EMG today, am having surgery this month, and I'm told there's a good chance of clinical improvement. So I'm looking forward to getting it done and starting the recovery process.

My son turned down my offer of giving him my guitars with a "hang in there." So...I'm taking his advice.
Great news. Please let us know how it goes. In my thoughts my friend.

Lloyd

**to follow up my original post…I was short on time…

When I first joined this forum a short time ago, I rather expected it to populated by snooty “lawyers & doctors”, bragging about their trophies and acquisitions while trash-talking other brands.

Instead I found a rather friendly and helpful community that made me feel welcome. And then there was this handful of regulars who’s posts were almost always interesting, and often times quite funny.

Les & Sergio were right at the top of this group. I’ve very much enjoyed reading their threads, posts and comments.

I guess the point of this thread was to express my personal sadness concerning these recent changes. I know quite well that things change and that life happens, and that everyone has their reasons for making these changes. I’ve done the same thing myself a number of times…leaving other forums/communities that I’ve spent time with, and then joining new ones. I’ve seen a couple of forums who’s overall moods, attributes and intelligence levels changed drastically in a short time… at least in my personal opinion.

So even though I’m a nobody / newbie here, and for what’s it’s worth, I do send my best wishes for health, healing, happiness, and many more years of playing guitars and making music to all the wonderful contributors out there…

Bulletin boards are weird things. During my time working at the phpBB site you get to know everyone on the staff side of things and many of the folks you help from day to day. If one person disappears it's much more noticeable than if a guy just suddenly stops going in your local pub. I have an Australian ex-colleague at phpBB who hasn't logged in since December who was on there constantly previously. Apart from being able to PM or mail him via the board none of us have any way of contacting him or his family to see if things are ok with him. It's the same here, a member leaves and it's felt by many.

Yeah, it's a bummer, but we got Hans back a little bit more lately! I remember when the forum started and the general vibe and feel changed a bit after we initially got established here. It is what it is. You meet some truly nice people here, but for one reason or another things change. I'll miss Sergio obviously, and clearly want Les to get back strength in his hand to be able to play. I was very sad when Bill(wilerty) passed away. I had just met him the first time at my first PRS Experience. I talked to him a good bit that weekend and he was a wonderful guy. We pm'd a bit here and there and he gave me some good advice. Still think of him from time to time with good memories.

So, we have a few members make personal decisions to walk away(alantig too), temporarily or maybe permanently, but they are making the decision to do so for themselves to maybe be a bit happier. Like Pete said, we've got a solid group here. It'll be a little different and we'll miss their contributions and arguments but it'll be ok.

Don't know what happened to Sergio... None of my business. Was a great guy though. If he really has gone he'll be sorely missed.

Hope everything goes well for you regards surgery and recovery Les!

As an aside, I enjoyed meeting so many of the guys at last year's 30th Anni. celebration, and am bummed that I can't do it this year.

When I first joined this forum a short time ago, I rather expected it to populated by snooty “lawyers & doctors”, bragging about their trophies and acquisitions while trash-talking other brands.

Off topic, but I want to add that you won't see a lot of trash-talking other brands because, if you're like me, and post a NGD that isn't a PRS in the General Discussion forum because you want to share your excitement for your new musical instrument, the mods will delete it.

Off topic, but I want to add that you won't see a lot of trash-talking other brands because, if you're like me, and post a NGD that isn't a PRS in the General Discussion forum because you want to share your excitement for your new musical instrument, the mods will delete it.

Yeah, because this is Paul's house. You wouldn't bring your new guitar that isn't a PRS to show Paul at his house if you were his guest.

I hope.

Wouldn't be the best manners, or a nice thing to do. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back