Newbie here (sort of) saying hi!

Voxman5

Hi guys, first post here - I was on the 'PRS Forums' but that seems to have closed down a while back. Hopefully there's some folk here I'll already know.

So, I'm an oldie that's been playing for well over 50 years now but for me its all about playing live. Over the last few years I've been doing some depping here & there but re work/family I haven't joined a new band since my old band broke up (Covid, lockdown - a familiar theme I think). Anyway, back in April I joined the Alan Linfoot Band playing both classic rock/blues covers and originals.

Whilst I have 12 electric guitars, my 'weapon of choice' for live gigging is my 2002 PRS Cu24 simply because I can do h/bucker and s/coil tones ala Les Paul & Strat without having to change guitars. It's also light, very comfy to play, has a great action, great trem, and is superbly built with a great neck (mine's the wide thin) & the locking tuners really make string changes so much easier. The PRS case is overly big & heavy but somehow it just doesn't seem 'right' to put it in a Hiscox or similar, so I put up with it.:)

It's just a great sounding workhorse of a guitar that I know I can always count on. I'd post a pic but can't figure out how to here - maybe I'm not allowed to yet til after 3 posts or perhaps t's a settings thing?

Last edited:
Hi guys, first post here - I was on the 'PRS Forums' but that seems to have closed down a while back. Hopefully there's some folk here I'll already know.

So, I'm an oldie that's been playing for well over 50 years now but for me its all about playing live. Over the last few years I've been doing some depping here & there but re work/family I haven't joined a new band since my old band broke up (Covid, lockdown - a familiar theme I think). Anyway, back in April I joined the Alan Linfoot Band playing both classic rock/blues covers and originals.

Whilst I have 12 electric guitars, my 'weapon of choice' for live gigging is my 2002 PRS Cu24 simply because I can do h/bucker and s/coil tones ala Les Paul & Strat without having to change guitars. It's also light, very comfy to play, has a great action, great trem, and is superbly built with a great neck (mine's the wide thin) & the locking tuners really make string changes so much easier. The PRS case is overly big & heavy but somehow it just doesn't seem 'right' to put it in a Hiscox or similar, so I put up with it.:)

It's just a great sounding workhorse of a guitar that I know I can always count on. I'd post a pic but can't figure out how to here - maybe I'm not allowed to yet til after 3 posts or perhaps t's a settings thing?
Voxman5???? Is that you??? :D

Welcome! There’s a couple of threads around on how to post pics. Basically, we have to use a third party host like Imgur or something. It’s a mild pita, but it makes us all so much more expressive in our written word…

Back