Newbie saying "Hi".

SJC

Hi there. I have joined the forum as I have just taken delivery of a brand new DGT SE ( Tobacco Sunburst) and it is fabulous. Can anyone please advise me if there is anywhere to register the purchase of the guitar on the site? Or is there no such facility within the PRS website? Thanks in advance. Kind regards.

Welcome to the site! Just debating whether I can handle the pain of waiting for a DGT. Pretty much all PRS are special orders in my neck of the woods.

Reactions: SJC
Pic in avatar looks great SJC. Think I'll be getting me a DGT SE in Gold
Thanks! The avatar is a pic of my DGT SE - I will post some better pics in the next couple of days. I couldn't make up my mind whether to go for the Gold Top or the Tobacco to begin with, but the Tobacco Sunburst reminded me of my old USA McCarty ( that I sadly had to sell in 2012) so I went for this one. I have already gigged with it and I was amazed at the versatility. The only small niggle I have is that the toggle switch is really stiff and sporadically doesn't connect with the correct setting - luthier visit on Friday will sort that out. Otherwise, it's a great set up and sounds fab!

Welcome to the site! Just debating whether I can handle the pain of waiting for a DGT. Pretty much all PRS are special orders in my neck of the woods.
I know what you mean. I ordered mine on 13 Jan and it arrived 4 March. Worth the wait though. I wouldn't usually buy a guitar without playing it first, but there was so much detail in the advertising/marketing/reviews, I took the chance. Glad I did.

I ordered mine on 13 Jan and it arrived 4 March.
You were very fortunate. My SE Hollowbody II Piezo was almost 9 months coming. I don't know the approximate wait time on a DGT at my favorite store, but I'd be very surprised if it was under a year. But I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet anyway, I might consider another model, or a used if I can stumble on one I like.

Reactions: SJC
You were very fortunate. My SE Hollowbody II Piezo was almost 9 months coming. I don't know the approximate wait time on a DGT at my favorite store, but I'd be very surprised if it was under a year. But I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet anyway, I might consider another model, or a used if I can stumble on one I like.
I switched my order to a Gold Top. I'm really hoping it doesn't take forever to get here, as I currently don't have any guitars in hand. The shop I ordered from said I'm on their next shipment...whatever that means. Although they did say they were expecting some "any day now"

Sweetwater told me most likely August for SE DGTs and Musician's Friend said probably June 1st for an SE McCarty 594 and their next shipment ofSE DGTs is projected August 10th

Back