Help! I'm baffled by posts going into moderation or disappearing.

JonDee

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help?

Twice now I have had posts taken down and I don't know why.

It would be handy to know the reason, as if I'm breaking a house rule I need to know what I'm doing wrong so I don't continue to do it.

I own two PRS guitars I'm a MASSIVE fan and have nothing but good things to say about the brand. I'm here to take part as an active site member.

So. In my intro post I added a picture of one of my PRS guitars. It was up for a while then about 30 mins later the post went into moderation but was reinstated the next day. One member kindly explained that as it was only my 2nd or 3rd post, I may not have had sufficient pic posting privileges.

I have been here a few days now and actively taking part in a variety of threads. I'm trying to identify the model designation of a PRS I bought in the 1990s. So now with (I believe photo posting allowable) I put up another post under general with another picture of the same guitar. Clearly a PRS. That stayed up for about 10 minutes then a message appeared above it saying it was invisible pending approval. Now it's disappeared completely. When the first one went into moderation at least I could still see it. The latest one appears to be completely gone

Can anyone give me a clue? Is there a way to contact moderators? All I can think of is that I bought the guitar from a well-known London retailer C*andl*r's. Nothing to do with the guitar manufacturer of the same name. Purely a coincidence. It was a very famous shop at the time used by many pro musicians, but sadly it's now gone.

I'm finding this really extremely frustrating. But might it be the site's software robots think I'm spamming by using a one time competitor's name?

Brand new posters have their first few posts go thru moderation. It helps keep out the bots and spammers...

Sometimes, depending on who's available, it takes a while.

I just saw your post a few minutes ago (I'm sitting in an airport, waiting for a flight, so I've been a bit busy) and one of the other admins is out of the office today...

I'll bring it up at my next performance review when I ask for my 10% raise... Can one of the math majors help me out? What is 10% of NOTHING? :rolleyes:

Back